**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Good evening.

Well, 2011 is here. We woke up to a wonderful surprise~~~it was snowing! I wasn't sure if it was snowing; foggy; or what. But when I looked outside, it was snowing! We ended up with 4 inches! And the high was only 27 degrees! It was a very cold day today. It is, at this minute, 15 degrees outside. Brrrr.

Today was a busy day. Rachel and I had to run to the store to pick up a few things. We have a ham bone in the freezer from Thanksgiving, and I am going to make split pea soup, so I had to go get some split peas!! Then David needed shampoo, toothpaste, facial cleanser, etc. So Rachel and I took a trip to Walmart; in the snow! I am so glad I have my Pilot! It drives sooooo nice in the snow! Rachel and I were saying how we love the sound of the snow crunching under the tires. Anyway, when we got home I cleaned out the refrigerator; what a chore! It has been needing it for quite some time, it has just been so busy around here. Then I cleaned out the 'Tupperware' cupboard. Boy, was THAT a chore and a half! I didn't realize how messy it was. Then I cleaned off the counters (all but one) and made dinner. It was a busy day. Bryon watched football, go figure, and David played games all day. I did watch most of the Rose Parade this morning. I really like the Rose Parade; I am the only one that does. So I came downstairs and watched it in my quiet house with the fire going and drinking my coffee. It was a good day.

David was feeling a bit off today for awhile. We aren't sure if he was just too hot, or what. He was in his room, so he opened his window for a little bit, and felt some better. He might just have needed the fresh (COLD) air. He just still gets nauseous sometimes. It is frustrating. He took his prevacid, so I know it wasn't his ulcer acting up. Sigh. Some day, maybe, he won't get nauseous for no reason. I pray for that day. He didn't eat that great today. And his knee hurts in this cold. Poor guy, he is like an old man that hurts in the cold! Oh well. Such is life. More of the long-term effects of the 'gift that keeps on giving,' aka Osteosarcoma!

We continue to pray for our Osteo family members who are struggling at this time. This year is very uncertain for them. The ones who have NED living at their homes, we pray NED stays there, forever! For us, we pray 'stable' stays at our house forever. Of course we would love for David's lung mets to disappear, but if not, we will be content with them remaining stable. Please remember to keep David and all the others fighting this battle in your prayers this year. David has his appointment with the surgeon on Jan. 21; and we have been advised to ask for a PET scan to check those lung mets. We were told that if David was this person's son, she would demand the PET scan. But Oakland Children's Hospital doesn't do them. BUT.....UCSF does! So we were advised to ask the surgeon to request it. I am sure he will, if we want it. So we will see.

Thank you for checking in on David and the Koury Klan. We do continue to covet your prayers. Thank you for your support and prayers. God bless you all. We love you.

Kristi and the Koury Klan

'Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.'~~~Robert Brault

No comments:

Post a Comment