**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

TUESDAY, MAY 24, 2011

Good evening.

Things are going the same around here. I can't believe that in a couple days my gorgeous granddaughter will be 4 months old!!! Where has the time gone?!?! I mean, this year is almost half over!! Wow. Sometimes I would like time to just slow down for just a little while. I can't believe how fast the time is going.

David is doing well in school. On that note, I have a prayer request; and some VERY exciting news! David was chosen to speak at his graduation! He was chosen based on scholarship, participation, and attendance. I was told (and I quote), "He is an exceptional student and an exceptional person and the school wants to recognize that :)." You all know how proud of him I am, and I just about busted my buttons when I received this notice!! I was blown away!! Remember, he is just barely 17! He is a year ahead of his age in school. And with all he's been through; just wow! Finally someone sees what we see in our fantastic son!! So, the prayer request is that he is able to do this. I mean, he will do it, but he is painfully shy and NOT looking forward to it! But he knows the honor it is to be chosen, and he will 'suck it up', like he always does, and do it!!! Please pray that he isn't too nervous and he does well. He knows all he has to do is read his speech, not memorize it, but he is still scared! We remind him that with all he has been through in the last 3 1/2 years, he can do this! We are just so unbelievably proud of him! What an honor! Yep, just gave me more reasons to puff my chest out and brag on my wonderful son!! Ok, I guess I am done.

We are going camping this weekend, and we can't wait!! David is very excited!! He has been bugging us for a long time, but it has been way too cold! It might be a bit chilly this weekend, but the trailer has a wonderful heater so we will be toasty warm. I can't believe it is already Memorial Day weekend, and almost June! We anticipate a wonderful weekend! Plus, the Aces gave the Northern Nevada Children's Cancer Foundation some tickets to the game on Saturday, so we are going! Just Bryon, David, and I. So we will leave our campsite for a few hours and have a blast at the baseball game! We will be having a fantastic weekend!! We can't wait!

I neglected to ask for prayer for something. On Friday, May 6th, we got a phone call that Bryon's oldest brother, Jim, had a massive heart attack and died. He was only 66 years old. He lived in Alaska, so Bryon was unable to go. They didn't have a service for him, but Bryon would have liked to have gone to be with Jim's wife and family. Jim and his wife, Pam, came down from Alaska two years ago; along with Bryon's sister, JoAnne. So we were able to spend some time with them, and we are really glad we did. Most of Bryon's family has made the effort to come see us since David's diagnosis, and I really appreciate that! They know that David's future is uncertain, and they wanted to see/meet him. They wanted him to know his relatives; on his dad's side of the family. They also realize our financial situation because of 10's of thousands of dollars in medical bills we have. So I am really glad we saw Jim 2 years ago. Please pray for the whole family; this was unexpected. He was fine the night before. Thank you.

That is about all that is happening in our lives at this moment. I am just enjoying having my precious granddaughter every day. I love taking care of her. I love her weight in my arms; and I miss it when she leaves. I love being a grandma; but I knew I would! I love being a mom, so of course I love being a grandma. Have a good evening. God bless you all. We love you.

Kristi and the Koury Klan

Today, up to 75% of the children with cancer can be cured, yet, some forms of childhood cancers, like osteosarcoma, have proven so resistant to treatment that, in spite of research, a cure is illusive.

No comments:

Post a Comment