**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Friday, March 30, 2012

FRIDAY, MARCH 30, 2012

Good evening.

Sorry I didn't update yesterday, it was a busy day. We went to Reno for David's oncology appointment, only to find out that the flight that the doctors take from Oakland was cancelled. So, needless to say, no appointment. Sandy, the nurse at the clinic, and I kept calling Connie to try to get a hold of her to see what to do next. At one point, as I was calling Connie she called me. She said she will reschedule David's appointment for two weeks from now; she will be on vacation for two weeks. And she said to not make it a total wasted trip for us she faxed us the bone scan and chest CT reports. The results are in. Bone scan looks good. Tracer uptake at the ends of David's prosthesis because of bone growth over the prosthesis~~good! Tracer uptake at his growth plates~~perfectly normal. Tracer uptake on his left knee~~attributed to the way he walks (the uneven gait). So overall, bone scan is good. Chest Ct results are stable!!! There are no new nodules~~fantastic! He still has the calcified gallstone; they always note that. So, woohoo!! Stable scans. We will take it!

Yesterday was a very emotional day for us. It was the 12-year anniversary of my dad's death. I miss my dad more than words can say. When I look at Elena I know my dad would have adored her! He loved his grandchildren so much, and I know he would have thought the sun rose and set on Elena. I just really miss him. Then, as we were driving to Reno, Bryon told me that a woman he works with got a phone call around 8:00 that her husband had just died. We were very stressed as we were going to Reno for David's appointment. It was just a very emotional, stressful day. Then we drove (actually, David drove) down to Gardnerville for David to go to Bible study. He had the good news of stable scans to share with his group! The news of the stable scans was the best thing that happened yesterday. Thank you for your prayers.

For those inquiring minds that want to know, our mailing address is now PO Box 1605 Carson City, NV 89702.

Thanks for visiting and checking up on David and the Koury Klan. Thanks for all the prayers. God bless you all. We love you.

Kristi and the Koury Klan

"When you are going through something hard and wonder where God is, remember, the teacher is always quiet during a test."

No comments:

Post a Comment