**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday, February 23, 2009

Good evening. It is beautiful here. VERY windy and cold. It is supposed to rain......we'll see.

David did good in PT today. He has PT in the pool tomorrow. Yeah, I know it is only Tuesday; but Lu Ann is gone so Linda will do the pool therapy tomorrow. So David sees Linda 3 times this week! I really like Linda, she is good with David. He does his token complaining (he said he has to do it, lol) but he does all the exercises she askes him to do. He wears shorts now~~~he gets way too hot in long pants! But he did real well today. His bend is at 124*, so we are almost where he was before lengthening surgery (in the bend). He is such a trooper.

I want to thank everyone who wrote in the Guestbook. Your words were a balm to my soul. Yes, it is horrible to hear of a child dying of the same monster that is in my child's body! IT SUCKS!! I hate this cancer. I know the fear is still there even when your child is not metastatic~~you never know if and when they will become metastatic. I still can see the doctor's face when she told us that the cancer was in David's lungs. I could tell she didn't want to tell us. I am sure it is not easy for them to have to tell parents that~~~but it is no walk in the park for us, either!!! But we are going to fight this with all we have. I am just so angry. Lu Ann, you are right; God is not the author of death and disease. I blame satan for this. I posted a few months back about something we learned in church. I will post it again so you 'newbies' to David's site don't have to go looking for it. Here it is: satan knows that the best way to hurt God is to hurt his children. We parents know that the best way to 'get to' us is to 'attack' our children; same with God. Satan hurts God by doing these things (cancer) to His children. It grieves God to see His children suffer. But that is why I have said that satan picked the wrong child to attack. If David dies (we pray NOT), he goes to heaven to wait for us and spend eternity with God and us~~he wins! If he lives~~he wins and he is a testimony for God. Either way, satan loses! But he (satan) is just too stupid to know that!! All this is easy for me to say, but I really don't know how I will handle it if David should die. But I just pray he lives; and I will 'worry' about the future when it happens.

Well, that is about it for tonight. Have a good night. Please pray that David has a good PT session tomorrow. Thanks for visiting. Sleep well. God bless you all. We love you! (((HUGS)))

Kristi and the Koury Klan

No comments:

Post a Comment