**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday, May 11, 2009

Good evening. Wow, is it beautiful here!!! Cool breezes, warm sun, and windy (I am sure you already knew that, huh?).

Our camping trip was very nice. It was windy, cool, and relaxing. Bryon, David and I went out after PT; and then Jennifer and Rachel came out after work. Jeremy and Lucy came out Saturday afternoon. We did have our glitches; seems something always happens. Around 11pm Friday, as we are getting ready for bed, the carbon monoxide sensor started chirping. We figured the battery to the trailer was low, but we didn't see how that could be. Well, Bryon ran to Walmart to get another Marine battery when Rachel read that maybe it is the 9-volt battery in the sensor itself. So, I had Bryon also pick up a 9-volt battery. Well, to make a long story short, it was the 9-volt. So once we got all the batteries replaced we had no more problems. It was great! I had hot running water, we had electricity, we had warm sleeping bags, and we were all together. It was great. Saturday the coyotes were pretty loud, but we were nice and safe in the trailer. Everyone spent a lot of time playing Boggle. It is a great game for David to play, and he loves it! David had such a great time, and he said that he wants to go camping for more than just a weekend. So sometime this summer he and I are going to go camping for a week. Bryon and the girls can come on the weekends, but it will be just me and David from Sunday-Friday night. I am looking forward to that. Bryon taught me how to use the water heater, fill the trailer with water, start (and use) the generator, and empty the potty. So I think David are I are set. We just don't know when we are going to do it. It will be fun.

PT on Friday went well. He worked SUPER hard. And he worked really hard again today. He got a bit nauseous again today, so he popped the peppermints. His knee only buckled 2 times on the elliptical today. Overall, he did great.

I hope all you mothers out there had a great mother's day. Mine was fun; and I had all my kiddos with me, so it couldn't have been better. We had a great time.

Well, that is about all for now. Please continue to pray for David, and all of us. Thank you. Have a good night. God bless you all. We love you.

Kristi and the Koury Klan

Childhood cancer is devastating and creates unique pressures on the whole family.

No comments:

Post a Comment