**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Friday, December 10, 2010

Friday, December 10, 2010

Good evening.

I want to say a great big 'Thank you' to all of you who gave me some suggestions to help David. Some of them we have tried, others we haven't. Sabrina, it was great to hear from you, I follow Becca's CB site! So glad to hear she is doing as well as she is, considering. Anyway, thank you for all the suggestions, and the encouragement!

David had a great time at Bible study last night, though he didn't eat, as usual. He said it is because he doesn't really like fried chicken that much, but also because I had made 6 dozen chicken enchiladas and he said he wanted them instead. So, the three of us ate dinner after we got home from Gardnerville. And then he ate 5 enchiladas. So that was great! He ate 5 more for dinner tonight (we had leftovers for dinner). Otherwise he hasn't eaten that great, but it could be worse. Thank you for your prayers.

Today I had to order David's class ring and his graduation package; you know, announcements, tassel, cap and gown, etc. Of course it had to be ordered at Christmas time, today was the deadline. Luckily I could put the ring on a payment plan (4 payments), but the other stuff I had to pay for up front. So, that is about $400 we can't really afford right now, but if we waited everything would have cost more! *sigh* At least everything is ordered and I can send out announcements to announce the proud accomplishment my son has achieved~~a year ahead of his age! He will turn 17 less than two months before he graduates. I am so proud of him.

I am so proud of all my children. I know I brag a lot, so I guess you will just have to deal with it, lol. I am just so proud of the people my children have become. The three older ones have become responsible, respectful, mature, moral adults. David is well on his way to being the same. They are children who love each other, and enjoy being together. Sure they argue, but they are always there for each other, no matter what. I saw a picture of a young woman on Facebook, and the picture she took of herself was of her 'flipping off' the camera. It made me sad. I thought to myself, "her mother must be so proud (sarcasm)." I am so proud of my children, and I love them so much. They are the best!!

Tomorrow is a baby shower for Lucy at church, I hope there is a good turnout. I am sure it will be fun. Then tomorrow night we are going to another basketball game! The Reno Bighorns. We had a good time last time, so I am sure we will have a good time this time, too. I really appreciate the Northern Nevada Children's Cancer Foundation, and the Bighorns, for giving us these tickets. The game starts at 7pm. It will be a busy, but fun, day.

Thanks for checking in on David and the Koury Klan. Have a good weekend. Please continue to keep us and our other Osteosarcoma family members in your prayers. Todd isn't doing so well right now, please say extra prayers for him. Thank you for your continued prayers, love, and support. God bless you all. We love you.

Kristi and the Koury Klan

'There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is.'~~~Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment