**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Monday, December 6, 2010

Good evening.

First things first~~~HAPPY ANNIVERSARY JEREMY AND LUCY!! Today is my son and daughter-in-love's anniversary. I am so happy for the choice Jeremy made in a wife, she is THE BEST!! We praise God for bringing Lucy into our lives, we couldn't ask for a better daughter-in-love. I hope they had a wonderful day. This is their last anniversary without children!

I am so sorry I haven't updated lately. Things are just going same-o, same-o. Things are pretty much just status-quo around here.

David is doing ok with school. He is trying very hard to stay caught up, and he is doing a good job, so far. He has some pretty long days, but that is partly because he has to spend so much time re-reading things. I have heard that sometimes the memory loss gets better with time, I am hoping that David will be one of the lucky ones! So far that hasn't happened, but he is only 2 years out of treatment. Maybe it takes a few more years. Anyway, he is doing well in school.

His eating is still hit and miss. Lately, we are seeing a huge improvement in some of his meals. For example, yesterday for lunch he ate 2 homemade BBQ'd burgers!! And tonight for dinner he had some ham, corn, and 2 1/2 helpings of my homemade scalloped potatoes! So we are happy with those 2 great meals! Otherwise, he isn't doing that great. But, he is eating, so I am happy! He still drinks 2 huge glasses of milk every day, so I know that is good protein and calcium for him. And I am trying to get him to drink more water. Overall, he is doing ok.

Now that winter is here David's skin on his hands is pretty bad. He has eczema, and it is flaring up big time. The area that is the worst is his hands. He really hates lotion, and I found some special lotion that works great, so I now have to nag him to use it. His hands crack and bleed; he gets it from my dad. Please pray that he can tolerate using the lotion better. The older he gets the more he hates to use it. I hate to see his hands looking so bad. Thanks for the prayers.

We can't believe Christmas is only 19 days away! It will be a VERY small Christmas this year. I am the most fortunate parent there is. I have a family that is not materialistic, and they know times are really tight for us, so they don't expect much from us. They know we wish we could do something for them, but we can't. Maybe someday we will be better off financially; who knows. I really appreciate my children, more than I can say. I am so proud of each and every one of them. I love you, kids, all 5 of you!!

Thank you for checking in on David and the Koury Klan. Thank you for all the prayers, we sure do need them!! Please continue to pray for David's appetite to improve, and for him to stay caught up with school. Thank you so much. God bless you all. We love you. {{hugs}}

Kristi and the Koury Klan

'You won't be happy with more until you're happy with what you've got.'~~~Angel Blessing

No comments:

Post a Comment