**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Good evening.

I hope you all remembered to put your clocks ahead one hour. We did, and I hated it! I just wish they would decide to keep the time one way or the other. It is just stupid to change it like we do. When it was six months either way, it was different. But now being 8 months one way, and 4 months the other; just leave it one way or the other!! I hate losing my hour!

David is doing ok after the loss of his dog. He is pretty depressed some days, and other days he is ok. We still have the other chihuahua and our german shepherd; but they aren't his dog. He really misses her a lot. We can't believe tomorrow will be a week since she died. It was just so sudden, and he tries to be strong, but he still cries sometimes. Please continue to pray for him. Thank you.

I have asked you to pray for Todd in the past. Well, he died Tuesday morning. Please pray for his wife, Karen, and both of their families. He fought so hard for so long, and I guess he just couldn't fight anymore. As I have said before; it is extremely difficult every time someone dies of the same cancer that is laying dormant in my son. We are always on 'high alert' waiting for those stable lung mets to decide to act up!!! Even if they never do, we still will never relax as long as they are there!! It always hits us so hard when this blasted monster takes another life. Please pray for Todd's family. Thank you.

Our weather has been beautiful. As we speak it is raining, and we love the rain! The mountains are still full of snow; and they said we won't have a drought problem this year! Yay!

Jennifer and I had a lot of fun yesterday at our quilt class. Jackie was really proud of the wall hanging that Jennifer made (and so was I)! She did a great job! Maybe a sewing machine is in order for her for Christmas?!?! We will see. She does enjoy sewing, as do I. We had a great time! I have fun doing things with my children. We have another class next month.........can't wait!!

Well, that is about all that is going on here. Thanks for visiting and checking in on David and the Koury Klan. Thank you for all your prayers, please keep them coming. God bless you all. We love you.

Kristi and the Koury Klan

For the patients' parents, a cancer diagnosis can launch a balancing act between the toughness needed to hold together the family and demand the best medical care, and the gentleness needed to stay collected and positive with the child. The ordeal of treatments creates a bond among families who go through the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment