**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Yup, still winter here. So far we have 3 inches of global warming on the ground, and it is still snowing!! I love it!!

We heard from David's teacher. Here is what she said:

Mr. and Mrs. Koury,

I first want to apologize on behalf of myself, and the Blackboard Lesson designers who wrote this lesson. I imagine they felt that high school students are so far away from the age in which most people die, that it would not have mental repercussions. Also most students have the easiest time writing about themselves. In this day and age it was very insensitive of them to use this lesson and it was insensitive of me to not change the format of the lesson as well. As a new mother myself, I can not even begin to imagine what you two have been going through and how hard it must be. Please accept my sincere apologies.

I just want to say that my intention was to never make David feel bad or uncomfortable with this assignment. The purpose of the assignment is to have students compose a speech and perform the speech in recorded form. Of course David is excused from the assignment. Maybe you could help me think of something he could write a speech about? Maybe something to help other kids who are going through the same things he has gone through or whatever you think is approrpriate for him.

Discuss it with David, and let me know what you come up with.

Monica Harris


Thank you for your prayers, they worked! We really didn't think she would have a problem with David not doing the assignment, but it was a nice note from her. We also knew it wasn't meant to hurt David, too many people are just so unaware of Childhood Cancer! So now we will talk to David and see what he wants to do instead. One of my Facebook friends, and fellow cancer mom, suggested a bio for a book jacket, and that sounds great. Thanks, Suzanna, for the suggestion.

Something was brought up in a discussion I had on Facebook about our cancer kids. We cancer moms and dads just wish people understood our situation more. We understand they don't, but we wish they wouldn't assume things that just aren't true. One of my fellow Osteo family moms and I were discussing this; how people just don't get it. We are so tired of hearing people say how our children "look so good!" Well, David looked great when he had this monster growing in his body. Other than a sore knee, he looked and felt great! He had no breathing problems, so we had NO idea it was in his lungs, too. Nobody would have known he had this aggressive monster growing in his young body! So when we hear, "He looks so good" we just smile and say, "yes, he does" but inside we want to scream!!! People, how he looks means NOTHING!!! He has 3 nodules in his lungs as I write this! Sure, they are stable, but for how long? I know people mean well, it is just frustrating.

Please pray that David feels better. I forgot to mention that he has a cold. He is almost over it, it is just in the coughing stage, and it hurts his chest to cough. Yup, that makes this cancer mom pretty nervous. I don't know if chest/lung congestion will activate those mets; I sure pray not!! Please remember to keep his health in your prayers. Thanks.

Wylene, thank you sooooo much for the quilt pieces! I will take them to church and ask Jackie to help me design something with them! I can't wait! Thank you, again!

Please keep Rachel and Sara in your prayers. Sara is on hospice, and the nurse said there are signs of disease progression; but Sara is amazing! Her attitude is very positive. She knows she is exactly where God has put her. She doesn't understand, and it isn't what she wants, but she is just trusting that God knows best. She is just amazing!!

Thanks for visiting. I wanted to let you know how David's English situation turned out. Thank you for the prayers. Have a good night. God bless you all. We love you.

Kristi and the Koury Klan

'A child's hand in yours~~what tenderness and power it arouses. You are instantly the very touchstone of wisdom and strength.'~~~Marjorie Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment