**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Thursday, June 9, 2011

THURSDAY, JUNE 9, 2011

Good evening.

David had a good oncology appointment. The bone scan said, "Aside from some increased tracer uptake at the margins of the prosthesis, there are no definite areas of abnormal focal increased tracer uptake in the rest of the skeleton to suggest metastatic disease." Woo-Hoo!!! Whew. So the bone scan is good. Now for the chest CT scan. It said, "There is a plaque-like area of nodular thickening of the pleura or lung adjacent to the spine at the right lung base on axial image 26 of 114. The lesion measures 7mm in diameter and is unchanged compared to the prior study. A calcification is present projecting over the dependent region of the gallbladder most consistent with a solitary gallstone." So his CT scan is stable!! Woo-Hoo! We are happy with this report. And all his blood work came back great. Next scans (in October) we will do the echo and check his B12 and Zinc levels. Otherwise, things are stable. Connie said she was talking to Dr. Raphael on the plane about David. She said they could see that David clearly fought hard to live. They didn't think he was going to survive this, and so far he has! He is a miracle child! They are very impressed with him.

David is holding at around 135 pounds, which is acceptable. Eating is still an issue with him, however. Today he only ate dinner. He wasn't hungry at breakfast, and he was carsick from the drive to Reno and back and couldn't eat lunch. So for dinner I made a new favorite of his, pepper jack mac! It is pretty good. He ate a fair amount of that for dinner. It is hard to see him so nauseous all the time. *sigh* At least he is holding his weight ok. We will take the 135 pounds. Sure beats the 92 pounds he was 3 years ago!!! Please continue to pray that his appetite picks up. Thank you.

David submitted his speech to the school, and the administration approved it! He is set to give that speech on Saturday. We plan on videoing (is that even a word?) his graduation. If I can figure out a way to post it here, I will. I will, however, print out his speech as an update tomorrow; be looking for it!!

Well, it is late and I am tired. We got to have our precious Elena spend the night last night, and she got up at 1am for a feeding, so I am tired today. I know why we have children when we are younger! But I can keep up with the rest of them, I just don't sleep that well as it is, and I am not used to getting up with an infant. But I enjoyed that time, just me and Elena. The house was quiet, I had a precious baby in my arms, she was all snuggled in a blanket, she smelled so good, etc. I was in heaven!! I didn't mind one bit getting up with her. Sorry, I digress. Anyway, thanks for visiting. Have a good night. Thank you for all your continued prayers, we sure need them!! God bless you all. We love you.

Kristi and the Koury Klan

Once you choose hope, anything's possible. - Christopher Reeve

No comments:

Post a Comment