**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2011

Good evening.

Please keep praying. I must preface what I am going to say by saying that Connie NEVER calls me with results unless I call her first, never! Well, she called me yesterday. That was already a bit scary. She said the echo looks good, whew! There are no results on the bone scan yet, so don't know anything about that. But, the chest CT is the issue. She said that there are some areas of concern, so Renown is burning a disc of the chest CT and sending it to Children's to have it read by their doctors. Now, I know that Renown doesn't know David's history, so they don't have a comparison chest CT, and David has had surgery on his lungs so there is scar tissue. Please remember, Connie never calls me!! Now, in our opinion, there is really no reason for her to call and tell me there is a problem if Children's is just going to read the chest CT. She could just tell me after the fact that they did that. Oh, David's oncology appointment has been changed to Monday, 11/21. Anyway, she could have just told us at his appointment that they saw something they didn't like so they sent a CD of the chest CT to Children's. We are rather concerned about his CT scan. Please continue to pray for David. Please pray that there are no new nodules in his lungs. I just can't emphasize how scary it is that Connie called me!! We are praying for God's will, and our acceptance of whatever that is. Please keep us in your prayers. Thank you.

Thank you for checking in. I will let you know as soon as I find out anything. Thank you for your prayers. God bless you all. We love you.

Kristi and the Koury Klan

Disease progression in the lungs is in fact, the primary cause of death in osteosarcoma - Meyers PA, Gorlick R: Osteosarcoma. Pediatr Clin North Am 1997; 44:973-989.

No comments:

Post a Comment