**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Good evening.

The weather has warmed up some. I am glad that the nights are warmer, but I will miss the snow if it all melts before Christmas!! I pray it doesn't all melt before Christmas. We really want a white Christmas! But with us running out of wood, it is nice that the days are somewhat warmer.

David has had a busy couple of days. Saturdays always seem to be so busy. We had to do some shopping, some running around, and then we went to church. Oh, and it snowed most of the day, too. Then after church we came home and had dinner. It just was a very busy day. Church was good.

All my plans fell threw today for lunch. I was planning on making chili, but there was one ingredient I forgot to buy. By the time I showered and got ready, it was too late to make the chili for lunch. So we figured we would go to a local store and get some pre-made fajita mix. Well, I had to go to Walmart to get a couple things, and when we went to the market for the fajita mix, they didn't have any. So I ended up making tacos for lunch. So I had to do plan C for lunch, but it was still good. I still made the chili, and it will be leftovers this week. So today was a rather disappointing day (lunch wise). We all really wanted fajitas!! *sigh*

Tomorrow is David's appointment with Connie to check on his weight. He has been eating a LOT more than before, and I think he has gained about 5 pounds! We will get the official word tomorrow. Connie did say that David still might need some therapy to figure out all the 'why's' of David's not wanting to eat without the Megace. I still have a theory~~~for the past 2 years his life has been so out of his control, and the only thing he has control over is his eating. That is the one area where no one can force him to do something he doesn't want to do. I put 2 and 2 together because he is alot like me. I went the other way he went, and I ate and got overweight. I had the control. We will probably be talking about getting him some therapy. I sure hope insurance will pay for it! Things are already pretty dire around here, we sure don't need something else we can't afford! Of course, David is important, and we will do whatever we have to do to get him healthy; in EVERY way. I told Connie I am worried about him being dependant on the Megace to eat, and Connie said that, #1 we will wean him off it; and #2 she is more worried about his health and heart by him not eating. Please pray we can get all this mess figured out and fixed. Thanks.

Well, thank you for visiting and checking in on David and the Koury Klan. Have a good night, and a good day tomorrow. I will post and let you know how David's appointment went. God bless you all. We love you.

Kristi and the Koury Klan

“Life is a promise; fulfill it.” — MOTHER THERESA

No comments:

Post a Comment