**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Good evening. I hope everyone is doing good this evening.

It is beautiful and very cold. It snowed last night, and some today. We are still hoping for a white Christmas. The snow is still hanging around here, so it is possible that it will still be here on Christmas. Especially because the highs are only going to be in the low 30's all week. And single-digit lows!! YAY! We are happy about that.

David has had a busy week so far. He went to PT on Monday, and did good. Then he had PT in the pool today, and, again, did good. Then tomorrow he has PT in the office again. Then he has a 4 day break from PT. He is happy about that. He just finished making some biscotti for the PT office. We will be bringing them some goodies tomorrow. Rachel and I have made a bunch of cookies, and tonight Rachel made fudge. So we are pretty set for giving goodies out for Christmas. We will just have to make more if we actually want to have any, ha-ha!

Sara is home, thank you for your prayers. She is still in pain, but she is healing. Please continue to pray for her pain to diminish; thanks.

Not a lot is happening around here. We still REALLY need your prayers. Our 'special request' is not getting better; in fact, it is getting worse. Please, please, we covet your prayers. We want to be in God's will, we just aren't sure what that is right now. I can't go into details at this point; but we are at risk of losing everything. Please pray for us. Thank you.

I would appreciate prayer for me, specifically, too. I am dealing with a lot of issues. Stuff that was said to me a LONG time ago keeps rearing its ugly head. I was told I was wrong to ask for financial help (by putting David's account number on this website). I was told he is my son to raise, God gave him to me to take care of and it is not up to others to help me pay for his expenses. But this person has NO idea what it cost to have a critically ill child. Sure, he is out of active treatment now (except for continued surgeries), but his expenses are still on-going! All you 'cancer parents' know exactly what I am talking about. The medication, doctor visits, trips to Oakland, etc. And there is no end in sight! I will do whatever I have to do to keep David alive, but our family is on a very slippery slope right now. All that to say, please pray for me/us. Thank you so much.

Thank you all for being here. Thank you for your love, prayers, and support. And I don't say that lightly! I mean it from the bottom of my heart. I don't know what I would do without all of you guys. Like I have said before, we have lost so many people in our lives over this journey. But they were people that I don't need, or want, in my life anyway. People have shown their true colors; and some are 'punishing' David for the way they feel about me. How sad is that? But we know that David is better off without those people anyway. I just want all you faithful readers to know how much I appreciate you! Some (most) of you I don't even know! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Well, you all have a great night. Again, thank you for being there for us. Thank you for your encouragement, and your love. God bless you all. We love you.

Kristi and the Koury Klan

Cancer treatment can cause serious side effects that may last a lifetime

No comments:

Post a Comment