**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Good evening.

As I begin this entry it is 2 degrees outside! It got to -9 this morning. Brrrr. I love the cold. Not being out in it, but the cold. Then the sun came out~~~but it didn't get much warmer. I think the high today was around 14. But when the sun came out I went out and shoveled the driveway. I wanted to shovel the remaining snow (Bryon shoveled it twice yesterday), and break up the ice so it would melt in the sun. The gentleman across the street was shoveling his driveway, too, and he said we are lucky that our driveway faces South. I told him I agree; I am very happy our house faces South. He said his driveway will never melt. And I said awww, it will melt; sometime in the middle of Summer!! LOL. I came in from shoveling and I said I was hot (I was wearing long underwear, a sweatshirt, jeans, my heavy coat, and gloves) and David said, "It is 1 degree outside, how can you be hot?" He is such a goofball!! But it has been warm and cozy in the house today.

David had a good day. He is still very hoarse, but he feels ok. I will be surprised if he keeps his voice! The mornings are the worst for his voice. He ate ok. He is doing somewhat better at eating. Again, he is trying so hard. Then he had a full day of school. He stuck his head outside at one point today and said it is so cold it hurts to breathe. So he stayed inside, of course. We can't have him walking around outside any more than he needs to. We can't have him falling! That's for sure!

Tomorrow is our Christmas Party with the Northern Nevada Children's Cancer Foundation; formerly Angel Kiss and Keaton Raphael Memorial. It should be fun. This year it will just be the 3 of us, instead of the 7 of us. The other kids just can't get off work in time~~~the party starts at 5:30, and it is in Reno. Bryon worked late tonight so he can get off early tomorrow so we can get there in time. It is only from 5:30-7:30.

I forgot to tell you something funny David said yesterday. Remember, the forecast called for only 4-6 inches of snow. So the 16+" was quite a surprise, and the roads were pretty much a mess. At least they weren't icy. Anyway, as we were on our way home from PT there was a snow plow going north; I was driving south. David said, "Well, now there are the snow plows, but they are on the wrong side of the road!" He cracks me up sometimes. I suppose NDOT was scrambling to get the plows out as soon as they could. Bryon said today that the freeway is in really good shape. Our neighborhood is still pretty bad, but at least it is getting packed down. I do so love the snow. I was telling my children that I am so glad they grew up where there are 4 seasons; and snow. I was raised in Southern California where there are NOT 4 seasons. And I didn't live in the mountains and snow, like my children do. They learned how to drive in the snow when they learned how to drive! So they are good drivers in the snow. I am just thankful they get to experience living where there are 4 seasons.

Please continue to keep us all in your prayers. Pray for my family's safety as they are driving in this wonderful weather. Please pray for our wood situation. Bryon thinks we only have about 2-3 days left. Pray for our finances. And please continue to remember those families who have recently lost their children, and have to face this first Christmas without them. Thank you so much for you love, prayers, and support. We appreciate you all. God bless you all. We love you. Have a good night. {{HUGS}} By the way, it is now 1 degree!!

Kristi and the Koury Klan

"Kids aren't suppose to have cancer, they're suppose to have a future." - Jeff Foxworthy

No comments:

Post a Comment