**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Monday, July 26, 2010

Monday, July 26, 2010

Good evening.

We are home!! Woo-Hoo!! We left rather late. We talked to McKenna's dad and step mom, and had a great time with them. Then we waited for Connie. She wasn't supposed to be in Oakland today, so it was great that we ran into her. Our appointment in Reno is on August 9th. She is going to call me tomorrow with the results from David's scans. So I will post tomorrow what we find out. The appointment in Reno is for a check up. We will be discussing David's overall health. We don't think the zinc is working, so she is going to look into how to get his levels back up if an oral supplement doesn't work. She is going to find out if David's bowel resection is the cause of the zinc deficiency. She told me I gave her a lot of work to do! I will keep you posted on what we find out.

The weather in Oakland was my kind of summer weather! It was cold and windy. Cold being 62*! I loved it! It was wonderful. Then we got home to nice weather, 74*. It rained and hailed here today; and we missed it!! We always seem to miss the best weather here. When David was in treatment we always missed all the snow. Well, not all the snow, it was still here when we came home, but still. It just seems like we miss the best storms when we have to go to the Bay Area. Oh well. The weather is nice here now, not too hot. But I don't know what it is going to be like the rest of the summer. I am already sooo done with hot!! 90's is just too hot for me!

That is about all that is happening here. Please continue to keep Sam and McKenna in your prayers; along with all our other Osteo family members. I will let you know tomorrow what I find out about David's scans. Have a good evening. God bless you all. We love you.

Kristi and the Koury Klan

I borrowed this from a friend...It is great... "To me, "Hope" is small. Sometimes it has two legs, sometimes not. Sometimes it has hair and sometimes it is bald. It can laugh and cry in the same breath. It doesn't have to talk. Its very presence is enough to change the course of your life. It has a name. It is called a child fighting cancer."~~~Dr. Burton Grebin "to lose a child is to lose a piece of yourself."

No comments:

Post a Comment