**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Good evening.

We are really ready for Fall!! We are tired of the hot weather. It has been in the low 90's with around 11% humidity. We pretty much stay in the house where it is cool, David just doesn't handle the heat well. We are ready to have the windows open and let the cool, fresh air in. We know Fall will be here soon, we just can't wait!

I neglected to tell you all something. I am VERY happy that the nodules in David's lungs are stable. But what I forgot to tell you, is just how good of news that is. We were told of a young man (19 years old now) who has 6 or 7 lung mets. They are 100% osteo (they have been biopsied), and they are VERY visible on the bone scan. We saw the bone scan, and we saw the mets. There is one that is quite large. The thing is, they have been there for 5 years; unchanged. We don't really understand that, but I guess anything can happen. He does NOT want any more treatment, so they are just sitting there. He had his right arm amputated due to osteo, has had at least one thoracotomy, and all the nasty chemo that all our children have had. He is done, and wants no more. Even though he was a minor when he made the decision to have no more active treatment, his parents allowed him to make that decision. I am not sure I would have allowed that. I want my son to fight this blasted cancer until he just can't fight it anymore. I guess we all just make that decision when we get to it, we have no idea what we would do ahead of time. Trust me, I am not criticizing his parents, I respect them for being able to let their son make a decision like that! And he is doing well, at this point. So, I know just how fanstastic it is that the nodules in David's lungs are unchanged!! I will take that news!

I didn't hear from Connie today about the bone scan. Like I said yesterday, we are NOT anticipating any surprises; it is just nice when you get the 'official' news!! Hopefully tomorrow.

Please continue to keep Sam in your prayers. He is on hospice, but he still has breakthrough pain. It is sooooo hard to watch your child be in pain; and the pain that this cancer causes is indescribable. Please pray that the family can make some wonderful memories, and that he can be pain free and peaceful. Thanks.

Thanks for checking in. Have a great evening. Thanks for all the prayers, we appreciate it. God bless you all. We love you. {{hugs}}

Kristi and the Koury Klan

'Nothing is permanent in this wicked world--not even our troubles.'~~Charlie Chaplin

No comments:

Post a Comment