**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Monday, October 24, 2011

MONDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2011

Still No news!!
Good evening.

Well, I have called Connie 3 times and we still don't have a date for David's scans. I am getting pretty frustrated and angry!! I talked to Connie last Monday, and she said that she had received an email from radiology saying that everything was approved. But, since she was in Reno that day, she didn't know off hand what the date was. She said she didn't know why Children's hadn't called me. She said when she got back to Oakland Children's the next day she would look into it and call me. Well, that was a week ago, and I haven't heard from her, or from Children's! I called again this morning and left a message. Hopefully she will call me tomorrow. They are the ones who told us that David was high risk for recurrence and we needed to stay on top of things, and they are the ones dropping the ball! David needs the bone scan, chest CT, and an echo. As it is we live in 4 month increments, and this is just making it worse! Connie has always been on top of things, and I don't know what is going on. There have been some changes there, and it isn't the same as when we were there. Pray that I can connect with Connie tomorrow so we can get things figured out. Thanks.

As far as David's leg goes, it is much better. The pain kinda comes and goes, so it could be anything. He gets extremely stiff when he doesn't use it for awhile, and it gets sore when he does use it. Poor kid, can't win! At least he is off the crutches! That is a good thing. We would like to retire those crutches forever! We have already put the wheelchair and walker into storage, we can't wait for the crutches to join them!! Hopefully soon.

Things are going pretty much the same otherwise. Jennifer is still adjusting to her new place, she really misses that extra bedroom! Oh well, we all have to do what we have to do. My precious granddaughter will be 9 months old in two days! I can't believe it! She is so much fun, I really enjoy her. She is about to cut her second tooth! She is crawling all over the place and pulling herself up on everything! She wants to be a 'big girl' so badly; she refuses baby food. She doesn't want to be fed, she wants to do it herself. I made chunky chicken noodle soup and she loves it. I just cut everything up really small, and she eats it! She is crazy! It saves money, that's for sure. She will eat just about everything as long as it is small enough. Silly girl. I am having so much fun with her.

Friday we got a load of firewood. My babysitting money goes to buy firewood. We got 2 cords on Friday. We were so sore from loading, hauling, and stacking the wood. It was dumped in our driveway; I loaded the wheelbarrow, Bryon wheeled it to the backyard and dumped it, I wheeled the wheelbarrow back to the front to load it up again while Bryon stacked the wood. We had a pretty good system going. Then when David got up (the wood was delivered pretty early) he helped me load the wheelbarrow, and he also helped Bryon stack. His leg was VERY sore after that!! But we will be warm for a while. We buy a cord as often as we can.

Well, that is about all that is happening here. Thanks for checking in. Please continue to pray for the Koury Klan. Have a good evening. God bless you all. We love you.

Kristi and the Koury Klan

We are continuing to see late deaths of children presumed “cured” due to late relapses, toxicity and secondary malignancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment