**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Good evening.

David did well in the pool today. We are giving him milkshakes every night. He isn't eating that well, so hopefully the milkshakes will help. Please continue to pray for his weight to climb. Thanks.

The special prayer request I asked about still needs prayer; a LOT of prayer. Please continue to pray. Thank you.

Please pray for another child with this ugly monster called osteosarcoma. Her name is Sara and she will be having her limb-salvage surgery on August 31. Please pray for her and her family has they prepare for this life-altering surgery. Even though we know how necessary the surgery is, our children are never the same afterwards. For the 'newbies' to this site, I will repost something I have posted already. Please bear with me as you read it, again. Here goes:

Osteosarcoma turns beautiful young children into warriors wise beyond their years. Fighting battles that only they can face. Deciding to endure, they hang up their lives on a hook in the corner. Soccer jerseys, football helmets, hockey sticks, basketballs, scooters, bicycles, dirt bikes, skateboards, and Barbie dolls stand still and silent now. They are armed anew with the uniform of the cancer patient. Broviac catheters threaded deep into their chests, bald heads, bodies hairless and thin and covered with scars. Limping slowly and steadily on heroic limbs absent of their natural bones, they just keep moving forward. They are all tremendously brave kids. I know some of these kids; besides mine. Some I only know through a website; Chris and little Teagan I know personally. I know these children's lives have forever been changed by an uninvited monster called Cancer~~Osteosarcoma in specific. These children live from hospital visit to hospital visit; chemo to chemo; and (in David's case) from surgery to surgery. I don't know any adult that could handle the brutality of this life, and yet I watch my son, Chris, and Teagan endure it. Are they happy about it? NO! Do they do it anyway? Yes, they do. They put life into perspective. They prove what is really important and what is trivial. And I have seen more courage in the three children that I have watched go through this than I have seen in all the adults in my life put together! I know I wouldn't handle it as well as these children have. I am so proud of David, Chris, and Teagan! They are truly amazing children. I really wish all of you could know David, Chris, and Teagan~~you would be richly blessed by these children.

Thank you for checking in on David and the Koury Klan. Thank you for your prayers. God bless you all. We love you.

Kristi and the Koury Klan

No comments:

Post a Comment