**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Good evening. We are back from our camping trip. We had such a blast!

We left July 24th and went to Lake Davis. It was beautiful there. Then Bryon, Jennifer and Rachel left on Sunday, July 26th, to go home. David and I stayed there. It was wonderful to be just David and me. The weather was a little bit too hot, but it didn't last long. There was only a few hours every day that were just a bit too hot, then it cooled off nicely. So Monday and Tuesday were were basically uneventful, but fun. We played games such as Boggle, Scrabble, Yahtzee, etc. And we just sat outside in the breeze and chatted. Then on Wednesday we had a little thunderstorm. It was wonderful. It cooled down to around 65* and stayed cool the whole day. There were only about 5 campsites (out of 33) in our loop occupied. Around 8:00pm the camp host came around to tell everyone that there was a bear visiting the dumpster that was about 100 yards away from our campsite. So she told us to just stay away from the dumpster and we would be okay. I took the dogs potty early; I didn't want to be outside in the dark knowing there was a bear in the area. They said they shooed him off......but still. David and I just stayed in the trailer and listened to my ipod and played games; and tried not to panic. Bryon told me to put all the bins and ice chests in the car. Well, I could NOT lift one of the ice chests; and I was NOT going to go outside, anyway. Well, around 10:00 I heard our small Styrofoam ice chest move and open; and I knew that the bear was in my camp. I didn't let David know what I heard. I forgot to tell you that we were the only occupied campsite on the side of the campground by the dumpster. Well, I tried to just not think about the fact that the bear was there, so close. I put David to bed and I didn't sleep much that night. Well, the next morning I told him what happened. The bear only got into the one ice chest, and all that was in there was a loaf of bread. Whew! He didn't open the main ice chest or either of the big plastic bins. So all I 'lost' was a measly loaf of bread. Bryon asked if I looked out of the windows to see the bear, and I said no, I didn't want it to see me!!!! So that was our excitement for the week! Then Bryon came on Thursday night to join us for the rest of the weekend. Then Jennifer and Rachel came on Friday after work to join us. Last night (Saturday) we had a fantastic thunderstorm!! Lots of beautiful lightning and thunder. And it rained and rained. It was so beautiful. Then we came home today. David and I were not really ready to come home; we had such a great time! We are going to do that again, soon. We will do it as often as we can, we had that much fun. Our friends came up on Friday morning to camp, too, and it was great to see David walking off and being a 'normal' kid with his friends.

The funniest thing was our dogs. The chihuahuas are so stupid. If you are a chihuahua lover; I am very sorry. But ours are very stupid!! But our other dog is fantastic. I was nervous being me alone with David and 3 dogs, but we had some funny times. Our little 3 pound chihuahua 'taunts' our German Shephard by just standing out of her reach from her cable tie-out thing. Well, our German Shephard figured out to grab Hercules' cable close to his collar and literally yank his chain! She would pull him all around; it was so funny! I wish Caring Bridge allowed video; I have some great videos of her doing that to him. We would laugh so hard at her. So David and I had such a fantastic time. Thank you for your prayers. We had fun.

Well, it is back to life tomorrow. David goes back to PT tomorrow. He had a week off, I hope he does ok tomorrow. He did quite a bit of walking with his friends, but it isn't the same as the exercises he should have been doing! But I wasn't in the mood to force him to do the exercises. It is good to be home, and I hope Linda isn't upset with him tomorrow. We will see.

Thank you for reading this long post. Thank you for checking in on David. Thank you for your prayers. God bless you all. We love you.

Kristi and the Koury Klan

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment