**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Good evening.

Today has been a rather frustrating day. I slept horribly last night, and
have been awake since a little after 5am. Having my friend's son was fine.
I had to feed him breakfast, though. He said his mom didn't feed
him......maybe he was just still hungry. I took him to school, and then
came home and got David going. Then I had a dentist appointment to have my
teeth cleaned. Rachel had an appointment right after me, so I waited until
she got there so I could see her! Then I had to drive thru Jack in the Box
for David (more about that later). Then I got home and remembered I had an
errand to run. Then I got home and had to make dinner. I haven't done any
shopping, so I just threw some spaghetti and corn together. It just seems
like it was a busy day.

The frustrating part is~~~please pray for David and his eating. It is such
a challenge to get him to eat! He has absolutely NO desire to eat. I can't
seem to entice him with anything. He did want Jack in the Box tacos for
lunch. That is the only thing we like at JIB; we don't eat much fast food.
But he is at the point that whatever he wants, I will do my best to get
for him. Luckily the tacos are 2 for $1!! So his lunch (he wanted 4) cost
me $2.13. Then he doesn't even eat all of the tacos. The last time he
weighed himself at home he weighed (fully clothed) 125 pounds. That is
down several pounds!! I don't know what to do to stimulate his appetite.
Nothing sounds good to him (except JIB tacos today). He did eat ok of the
spaghetti and corn for dinner. He basically is just not back to himself
yet. He feels ok, just seems to be developing an aversion to food for some
reason. Please pray that we can get past this hurdle. I am going to make
him drink a milkshake tonight. He is 15; he should be eating me out of
house and home!!! Is this just another long-term side effect of cancer and
chemo? *sigh*

Thank you for your prayers, love, and support~~~please keep the prayers
coming. Thank you for checking in on David and the Koury Klan. I'm off to
make a milkshake (and I am going to sneak in some more calorie booster;
thanks Karen). Have a good evening. God bless you all. We love you.

Kristi and the Koury Klan

No comments:

Post a Comment