**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Ok, since I was asked several times for Quilters Soup, here it is. I got
the recipe from my mother several years ago. Here goes:

6 strips crisp bacon
1 pound browned ground beef
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped onion
1 large can tomatoes (I use recipe ready)
1 can bullion soup (I use two cups water and beef base)
1 can cream of potato soup
1 pkg. frozen mixed vegetables
1 8oz. can tomato sauce
1/2 tsp. pepper
Combine all ingredients and cook 45 minutes or until heated through.
Can be put in a slow cooker and cook all day.

There, you all have it. It is very yummy. We had it with some crescent
rolls; and there was only a little bit leftover!! I am so ready for soups
for dinners. I love soup in the winter as much as I love salads in the
summer! Soup just makes me feel warm; inside and out!

Today I made 3 loaves of cranberry bread and some Church Window Candy.
Then Rachel and I made 2 different kinds of cookies. We made Nutmeg Sugar
Crisps, and Tender Sugar Cookies. Tomorrow David is going to make
biscotti~~~something he hasn't made in over 2 years! He started making
biscotti with me about 7 or 8 years ago. Now he does most of the 'work'
and really enjoys making it! And I enjoy spending the time with him in the
kitchen making the biscotti. So we will have some fun bonding time.

I want to say a big 'THANK YOU' to First Baptist Church,
Minden/Gardnerville. Thank you for providing our Thanksgiving dinner.
Also, THANK YOU to a long-time friend, Val, for the gift of the turkey.
You guys have NO idea how much all of this is appreciated. Thank you just
doesn't say it all, but I don't have the words. Thank you.

Well, that is about all that is going on in the Koury Cancer Ward. Thank
you for visiting and checking in on David and the Koury Klan. Have a good
evening. Sleep good. God bless you all. We love you.

Kristi and the Koury Klan

Today, up to 75% of the children with cancer can be cured, yet, some forms
of childhood cancers, like osteosarcoma, have proven so resistant to
treatment that, in spite of research, a cure is illusive.

No comments:

Post a Comment