**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Good evening.

David had an ok day. I am not really sure the 'letting him take the lead'
in his eating is going to be such a good idea. For breakfast he ate a
piece of sourdough toast. Then mid morning he had some chips and dip. Then
he had nothing to eat until dinner. I made Sour Cream Chili Bake for him;
it is one of his favorite things I make. He ate a good helping of it, but
still. I guess we will see how it goes from now on. It is frustrating for
me. I am trying not to nag him, but I just want to scream when he won't
eat!! I have sorta figured something out, though. For the past 2 years
David's life has been out of his control. Things happened to him that he
had no control over. People did things (with our permission) to him that
were out of his control. Now his eating is 100% in his control. That is
the one area where nobody else can make him do something. I hope that
makes sense. I can't blame him for how he is acting; once I try to figure
him out! I just need to step back and let him take responsibility for this
situation. If he loses more weight; and ends up with a feeding tube again;
then that will be HIS choice, and he will have to take responsibility for
it. It is just hard. I want to put him in a bubble and let nothing more
bad happen to him. The feeding tube is not pleasant! I want to shield him
from that~~~but I can't!!! Please, please pray for me as I have to sit and
watch him not eat. Pray that I can do the right thing, and that he will
start eating!! Thank you for your prayers.

Please continue to pray for our 'special request' and for our finances. I
got the statement from David's last surgery~~~the hospital bill was
$58,000! David is rapidly running out of his lifetime cap of $2 million.
We are now in the new fiscal year, so we have to come up with lots of $$$
for David's care. You know, all the deductibles; which have gone up, by
the way. And gone up significantly!!! But what choice do we have? When it
comes to our child's life; there is NO choice!! So we would just really
covet your prayers. Thank you.

David is excited/nervous for Thursday. He gets his staples out on
Thursday. He can't wait for that, they are bugging him so much. He is
nervous because some are pretty healed and embedded in his leg. Please
pray for him as he anticipates Thursday. Thanks.

Mike~~please forgive us for not being able to make it down for
Thanksgiving! We really want to come down. We are so sorry. We love you
guys.

Thank you for checking in on David and the Koury Klan. Have a good night.
Thank you so very much for your prayers. We appreciate you all more than
you know. God bless you all. We love you.

Kristi and the Koury Klan

Pediatric cancer is a punishing disease for children and their families.
And the often harsh treatments for cancer can impede youngsters'
development at a crucial time.

No comments:

Post a Comment