**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Good evening.

Happy Fall, everyone. Today is the first full day of Fall, and it was a beautiful day. The only thing is; it is going to be an 'Indian Summer' coming up. Yuck!! On Monday and Tuesday it is supposed to be close to 90 degrees!!! Arrggghhh! Oh well. I guess we will just have to turn the cooler back on. Bummer. I have enjoyed having the fresh air and the windows open. Typical for Northern Nevada.

Today was kind of a busy day. I only had sweet Emilee this morning, David was sad about that. After she left I made David lunch and then I had to go to the DMV to get my driver's license renewed. I haven't had to do that for 8 years! I got an extension 4 years ago, so this year I had to get a new one; it expires on Monday. It didn't take too long to renew it, and I got to see my wonderful son, Jeremy!! Then I came home and David finished school and got ready for Bible Study. Then he went to Bible Study and had a great time. Of course he didn't eat there, so he ate when he got home. Bryon and I always eat when we get home, so David ate with us. I had put Quilters Soup in the crock pot this morning, so it was waiting for us when we got home. It was a pretty good day.

I have a prayer request. Please pray for McKenna. I have told you about her, she is the 14-year-old step daughter of a woman Jeremy works with. She has Ewing's Sarcoma, and is being treated at Oakland Children's Hospital. Well, her biological mother doesn't seem to understand how serious this is. She is taking McKenna out in public when McKenna is neutropenic. That means her counts are VERY low, and she has no infection fighting ability. That is when she should be in the house, around NOBODY! Or, at the very least, wear a mask. Please pray for God's protection on this child; that she will stay as healthy as possible and won't end up with an infection. Also, her mouth sores are pretty bad, please pray that they will heal and McKenna can be out of pain. Thank you so much for your prayers. Her step mom is very worried about her. It is hard to watch someone you love go through what these children go through. It is also hard to watch someone you love be 'compromised' like McKenna is being. Please pray for Roxanne and Todd, too. Thank you so very much.

Thanks for visiting. Have a good evening, God bless you all. We love you. <><

Kristi and the Koury Klan

Cancer is like a roadtrip. You begin your journey knowing the destination, but do not know what's in store. Detours, pot holes, exciting adventures around every turn! But you still drive on!

No comments:

Post a Comment