**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Good evening.

Thank you to all of you who wished me a Happy Birthday, here and on Facebook. It was a good day. I pretty much cleaned house and did laundry most of the day, but the downstairs looks great! It looks the best it has looked in a long time. Actually, Bryon and I did most of it over the weekend, I just had some 'finishing up' that needed to be done. Then Jeremy, Lucy, and Jennifer all came over for dinner~~~we had BBQ'd burgers! They were yummy. I wanted to go to Chili's because every September they donate all the proceeds to St. Jude (and it seems to fall on my birthday every year), but we just couldn't afford it. It was nice to be home, though. Rachel made me a coconut cake, and it is soooo yummy!! It was really nice to be together, all 7 of us. Before long, it is going to be 8 of us!! I can't wait!!

David is doing the same. He is still plugging away with school. He is so funny. He is taking German, and when he has his Elluminate classes (that is like a lecture, it is audio) the teacher makes him (and all the students in turn) speak into their microphones so he can hear them speak. David always says, "ohhh, I don't want to do this!" But EVERY time he speaks, the teacher gets so excited because he says David does it perfect! He has never had to correct David on pronouncuation or tell him he used any words incorrectly. I am so proud of him. He just cracks me up. He hates speaking it, but he does it perfectly! Jeremy speaks fluent French, and I guess David is destined to speak German!! He is doing ok in his other classes, too. He just still has some memory issues, and I guess he always will. But he still tries his best, and that is all we have ever asked of any of our children. Like I said many times before; school just used to come pretty easy to him. He went from getting almost all A's (just a couple B's), to struggling for C's!! Please continue to pray for him this school year. Thank you.

Yesterday I got a call from Oakland Children's Hospital~~~David's next scans are on October 11th. We have to check in at 8:30am, so we will be going to Oakland the day before, after church. I am so glad that Connie understands how we feel come scan time. She said that no matter how far 'out' from chemo we get, the scanxiety doesn't get any easier! As a matter of fact, it hit me really hard this time. As I was writing it on the calendar I got instantly nauseous and couldn't stop crying!! I don't know why, other that the fact that I get scared! Connie told us that David will never be in 'remission' and that they will keep a close eye on him as he is at high risk of relapse. We try to just not think about it until scan time comes around. Then it knocks up the side of the head!! Please pray for our peace as we wait this 2 weeks. Then when we get the results I will let you know.

Thanks for visiting. That is about all that is happening on the Koury Cancer front! You all have a great evening. God bless you all. We love you. {{hugs}}

Kristi and the Koury Klan

“Each day that pediatric cancer research goes under-funded, the road to discovering new treatments and cures become longer, and more children are put at risk,” said Gregory Reaman, M.D., Chairman of the Children's Oncology Group

No comments:

Post a Comment