**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Good evening. We heard from Rachel today. Here is what she said,

"I hate being sick! I could hardly sleep last night and now I can't breathe. hopefully I can sleep more tonight.

today was pretty uneventful. we saw the entrance to Petra, Moses Mountain. we stopped at a neat little store that loves cows. I rode a camel. and yes mom somebody was there to take pictures. I didn't have my camera on the camel so I'll be getting them by email.


I could see the Dead Sea from my hotel room but it's dark so I can't really see anything. I'll be going down there first thing in the morning and then we're packing up and hauling out at 9. I won't get to spend much time but that's alright.

I dunno if I'll have Internet at my next hotel but I'll let you know. love you! miss you! ttyl"

So, as you can see, she is sick. I think it is just because she is so run down. She is a girl who loves, and needs, her sleep, and she is clearly not getting enough. It was great to hear from her. She also said that Rick and Moshe are currently excavating in and around Jerusalem, and they might let her help. I don't know if that actually happened, but she was hoping it would. I can't believe she will be home in 3 days. We really miss her.

David had an 'ok' day today. He did eat a pretty good lunch. I made some Lipton sides (parmesan pasta) and boiled a chicken breast. I gave some of it to Emilee, and David ate the rest!! Emilee ate all I gave her, too! It was good to see them both eating! Actually, Emilee left one tiny piece of chicken, but she ate all the other 9 bites I gave her!

Tomorrow David has an orthodontist appointment. He is bummed a bit because the appointment is at the same time as his Driver's Ed Elluminate class; but I made the appointment 6 months ago!!! So he will just miss the live Elluminate session and have to watch the recording. Oh well.

Please continue to pray for Sara. She had the surgery to remove the tumor from her leg yesterday. She is already home! Good for her! Please pray that she is able to survive this cancer. They said the recurrance in her lung and leg is not good. Thank you so much for all your prayers. Also, please pray for Elaine, she is having her MRI tomorrow. She is a brain cancer survivor, please pray for clear scans, safe trip to Oakland (and back), and peace in the time of waiting. Thank you so much.

Thank you all for being there, and for checking in on David and the Koury Klan. Thank you for all your prayers; not just the prayers for David, but for all the others we care about. Have a good evening. God bless you all. We love you.

Kristi and the Koury Klan

'People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.'~~~George Orwell

No comments:

Post a Comment