**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Good evening.

Wow, I can't believe it has been so long since I updated. Sorry about that.

David is getting all caught up with school, yay! He technically doesn't have school next week, except to get caught up. The school uses that week for the kids to get all caught up on their work, there are no new assignments due. So, David will use the remainder of this week and a couple days next week; then he will be all caught up!! Hooray! Thanks for the prayers for him, please keep them coming.

It is really good to have Rachel home. We really did miss her. We know she had a fantastic time and she really didn't want to come home, but we are glad she is home. It really wasn't the same without her home. I wish I could tell you about her trip, but there are things I can't tell you. She did NOT go on the 'traditional' (aka 'muslim approved') tour. She saw places that are secret, and if it gets out, they will be destroyed. Suffice it to say, they are recently excavated places that are the true Biblical sites, not the sites that the tours go to. She couldn't even take pictures of those sites! Trust me, I am telling the truth. I am so glad she had such an amazing time. She said at first it was strange being alone; everyone else had someone they went to Israel with. She said she walked alone, but rather enjoyed it. She could look at what she wanted to look at, see what she wanted to see, etc. But Rick and Moshe did take her under their wing and she wasn't alone the whole time. I am so proud of her. Not many people would go all the way to Israel by themselves~~~with absolutely NOBODY they know!! I have been told that Rachel has 'issues' with being alone; that tells you how much that person does NOT know my wonderful daughter!! She is perfectly fine being alone. Of course, she prefers being with people; who doesn't; but she is fine doing things alone. I am so proud of her, and so proud to be her mom! I feel that way about all 4 of my children. And I am so glad that Lucy is my daughter-in-love. I am thrilled with the choice Jeremy made in a spouse; he couldn't have made a better choice! We love her so much. God has richly blessed my family!

David is eating ok, depending on what I make. I made chicken enchiladas earlier this week, and David ate 8 of them!!! And then on Sunday, he ate 6 tacos! He has his good days, and not so good days. I love the good days!! Today he ate 4 leftover enchiladas for lunch. So that isn't too bad. We just try to keep his Tillamook Mudslide ice cream on hand! He is actually doing ok with his eating. Thank you so much for the prayers! Please don't give up praying for him!

Please pray that he is able to get caught up on his schoolwork. I would love to be able to enjoy Thanksgiving without knowing he has schoolwork still yet to do. Thanks for visiting and checking up on him. Have a wonderful evening. God bless you all. We love you.

Kristi and the Koury Klan

'God gives us relatives; thank God we can choose our friends.'~~~Ethel Watts Mumford

No comments:

Post a Comment