**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday, February 12, 2010

Good evening.

Well, we looked at a house today. It is another beautiful house, and closer to Carson City (the other house we looked at the other day was out in Fish Springs~~~45 minutes from Carson). This house is only about 10 minutes away from our present house. Anyway, the only 'deal killer' for us would be if they don't allow dogs. We have Bryon's German Shepherd and David's Chihuahua. We would really like to get that house; please pray that if it God's will that we get it they will accept dogs. Thanks.

Because I have been asked many times, I am going to address this here instead of in individual emails. We tried for a modification from our present mortgage carrier. We have tried over and over; we have written our senator (the wonderful (gag) Harry Reid), and congressman Dean Heller. We got NOWHERE!!! There have been other things we have tried, and the bottom line is the company carrying our loan, Ocwen, is a heartless company that is only in it for the money. They basically are trying to run us out of our house because they will benefit from it. They got the bailout money, and if they foreclose and resell, they make even MORE money. We have talked to a few lawyers and they have shed a LOT of light on this situation. They don't care about the house, and they don't care about helping people with a hardship. We have fought for so long; and there just isn't any fight left. We want to keep the house, but we can't get the right help. It has come down to keeping our house, or making sure we can treat our son. Clearly that is a no-brainer!! I desperately want to keep the house; but not at the expense of my son. It just sucks so bad!! And we are having a hard time finding an acceptable house in Carson City. There are a LOT in Reno, Dayton, Fernley, Garnderville, Sparks, everywhere but Carson City. There are even more in Lake Tahoe than there are here! We are trying to find the size of house we want/need for a decent price. The only drawback with the house we looked at today is we would have to pay to store our trailer. Obviously the only 'perfect' house is the one we are living in now! But I guess that is just not to be. I have cried many tears over this, it truly breaks my heart to lose my house. Like I said before; when we bought this house 9 1/2 years ago we were NEVER going to move again. I wish I could see the future. I also wish the move was just over and done with! I am not sleeping good, and I am exhausted; physically and emotionally. I know that once I resign myself to the move, and detach myself from this house, things will be better. I just don't want to walk down the road of depression again~~~though I am close now!! Please continue to keep my family in your prayers. Pray that the house we saw today will accept our dogs. Thank you for your prayers.

The Physical Therapy office called today. They miss David, they love David. Anyway, they 'scolded' me for not bringing David in. I told them I couldn't afford it, and they said to bring him in whenever I want~~no charge! They said they know he needs it (which he does), and they want him to come in and exercise. They are sweet; and they do love David. They ALL decided that, not just Linda. So I will be bringing him in sometime, as much as I can. That will be good.

Thank you for checking in on David and the Koury Klan. Have a good evening, and a good weekend. Please, please pray for us. Pray for our emotional and mental state as we go through the devastation of losing our home. We are happy for people who are able to buy a house now, but it is hard to hear the excitement for them when we lost ours. Thank you so much. God bless you all. We love you.

Kristi and the Koury Klan

'Heaven is full of answers to prayer for which no one bothered to ask.'~~~Billy Graham

1 comment:

  1. My prayers are with you. I have so many friends that are losing their homes too. I just do not understand the bailout program (or shall I say the no way plan).

    Always thinking kind thoughts for you!

    Charleys

    ReplyDelete