**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Good evening.

I forgot to tell you a couple of things. #1~~~Joey's scans came back clear!! Thank you God! Thank you for your prayers. #2~~~Amber came through her surgery fine. Please continue to pray for her pain and her healing. Thank you. Sorry I forgot to tell you this yesterday.

T​oday was a busy (as usual) day. Bryon and I did the grocery shopping. I got everything on my list, yay! Had to go to 4 different stores.......​oh well. I am glad it is just done. Now I have to put it all away. Then we went to church tonight. It was really good.

Please continue to pray about our house. We have a couple of leads, and things are very interesting around here. But I know that God is good at swooping in at the last second and working things out. So we will see. Clearly, my first choice is to keep my house. But if we lose it, we lose it. God has been speaking to me and reminding me that this is just my temporary home anyway. My mansion is in Heaven with Him, so it truly doesn't matter where I live while I am on this earth. He will always be there with, and for, me. He is the only One who will never leave me or forsake me. He is the only One who will NEVER let me down, betray me, or walk away when things are tough. He accepts me NO MATTER WHAT!! So I know I can trust Him to take care of us. This life is not about me, it is about HIM. It is about giving God the glory. Does that mean everything will go my way? Of course not! My child has cancer! It just means that He loves us, and we live in a sinful world where bad things happen. But He is there, always. And He will get the glory no matter what happens to David. As I said many months ago; if David lives, he wins; he is still alive. If David dies, he wins; he goes to Heaven to wait for us. We have the hope of seeing him again. I can't imagine not having that hope. Of course we pray that David survives this cancer; but there are so many children who have died just in the time since David was diagnosed. And there are some children right now who are out of options. That is why I am realizing that a house is just boards and paint and glass. We are a family, and we can make a home wherever we live. This is 'easy' for me to say, but still hard to accept sometimes. I still don't want to lose my house. Please pray that I/we will be able to accept whatever happens. Thanks.

Plea​se continue to keep our osteo family members in your prayers: Rachel, Nick, Todd, Lindsey, Nikki, Sara S, Sara R, Kennedy, Chris, Teagan, Meghan, Ben B, Zoe, Ty, Nicki, Madison, Frankie, Keaton, Amber, Jenna, Case, Sam, Conner, Garrett, Andreas, Natalie, Sonya, Brendan, Jonah, Justin, Amanda, Marianne, to name a few. I know I have forgotten some, please forgive me. Please pray that the tumors in David's lungs stay just the way they are and do NOT grow. Or better yet, pray they just flat out go away!! Thank you for your continued prayers.

Tha​nk you for visiting and checking in on David and the Koury Klan. Have a good night, and a blessed day tomorrow. God bless you all. We love you.

Kristi and the Koury Klan


The only thing worse than being diagnosed with cancer is watching your child go through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment