**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Monday, February 8, 2010

Monday, February 8, 2010

Good evening.

As I said on Facebook, I am quoting a gentlemen from church yesterday, "There are a couple more inches of global warming out there." Yeah, we had more snow. Dang that global warming! LOL

The phone call didn't happen today, hopefully tomorrow. It is too convoluted as to why it didn't happen, so I won't bore you with the details. I am just praying that something will happen that we are able to keep our house. If anyone knows of a philanthropist, or someone like that, could you let them know about us? We just want a lower payment (with a better interest rate) that we can afford. Thanks.

A number of people have said to us that, if we walk, they don't blame us. They have also said that they would do the same thing. With that being said; I DON'T WANT TO!!! Kim, you are right; if I can just let the emotional attachment go I will be ok. I will be able to 'move on' if I can just let go of the emotional attachment. But the thought of someone else living in my house is like a knife in my heart! I know it is just a house~~but that isn't the point! We would have to rent a storage unit; I really doubt we will find a house this size to rent. If we could find a house just like mine......that would be a wonderful miracle! I am just so stressed out right now! Because of all the stress I am under my body is reacting; my eyelashes are falling out! I internalize everything, and that is how my body responds. On top of everything, Bryon did our taxes and we OWE this year! Grrrrr. Please pray for our family! Thank you.

David is doing ok today. He didn't have PT, remember, we can't afford it. We have been doing research into options for treatments for David, and there are some things out there that we may have to resort to at some point in time. And insurance doesn't cover these things. We are praying we never need these treatments; but this is an aggressive cancer, it was aggressive in David, and he has those 2 lung mets, and we have to be prepared. But he is doing PT here at home, so that is good. He would rather do PT here, anyway. He doesn't like to go anywhere. He has always been a 'homebody' and being gone for a year to Oakland Children's Hospital has made him more so. So it really isn't too much of a chore to get him to do some PT here. I need to call the office and see about keeping him in the pool on Thursdays, though. We will see.

We miss Emilee. It felt strange not having her here today. Even though we only had her for 3 weeks, it feels different without her. But we know she will be back.

David is doing ok in school. He really enjoys his Elluminate sessions. He tries so hard. He is a great kid! I am so proud of him.

I want to say 'thank you' to those of you who have donated to St. Baldrick's in honor of David. I appreciate it very much!

Thank you for checking in on David and the Koury Klan. Thank you for your prayers. I will keep you posted on what is happening. Have a good evening. God bless you all. We love you.

Kristi and the Koury Klan

'When you are down and out something always turns up~~and it is usually the noses of your friends.'~~~~Orson Welles

No comments:

Post a Comment