**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday, March 5, 2010

Good evening.

My heart is very heavy and sad right now. I just found out that Nick, one of the Osteo kids I have been asking prayer for, died tonight. I HATE CHILDHOOD CANCER! I ESPECIALLY HATE OSTEOSARCOM​A!!! The two words 'childhood' and 'cancer' should NEVER be in the same sentence, side by side!! Nick was diagnosed in July of 2006. Please pray for his family. I am so heartbroken. He was a member of my Osteo family~~~a close-knit family that nobody should be a member of!!!! We all consider each others' children "our" children. It is hard to explain, but my 'family' members know what I mean. Please pray for his parents, Tim and Jill, and his sisters. Thank you.

David is doing ok. He did PT in the pool yesterday, and did good. He knee is very sore today, though. I am sooooo tired of seeing my baby in pain! I wish I knew when the time would come when he would be out of pain. . . .forever! I am beginning to think that that day won't happen on this earth! *sigh* But he just plugs on, the fantastic trooper that he is. Thank you for continuing to pray for him.

I found out today that his next set of scans are April 6th. I told you that Bryon, David, and I are going on a 'vacation' the week of 3/29-4/2; well, it is actually 4/5-4/9. We will just take David to his scans while we are out! It will work out great.

I also found out today that I get Emilee back on 3/29! YAY! We do miss her. I was afraid that I would have to take another day off (besides the week of 4/5-4/9) for David's scans; but I don't have to!!! So we will be back to our 'routine' soon. It will be good, Emilee is such a sweet baby.

Please continue to pray for Sam; the report on the lung mets from his thoracotomy came back with viable cells (just like David's did). Please pray for them as they make decisions on his further treatment. Thanks.

Than​k you for checking in on David and the Koury Klan. Please, please uphold Nick's family in your prayers. It is so hard when a child dies of the same cancer that your own child is battling!! Thank you so much for your prayers. Have a good evening. God bless you all. We love you.

Kristi and the Koury Klan

'Doctor​s pour drugs of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, into patients of whom they know nothing.'~~​~Moliere

No comments:

Post a Comment