**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Good afternoon. Or is it evening? It is so light out I get confused, lol.

I will start by saying I HATE LOSING MY HOUR!!! I hate Daylight Savings Time!! I just wish they would leave the time one way or the other! I hate changing all the clocks in my house twice a year. Ok, I got that off my chest!

Sorry I haven't updated. Here is how Thursday went~~~Davi​d ate eggs with cheese and toast for breakfast. Oh, and a glass of chocolate milk. Then David and I left for Reno around 8-ish. The traffic was light~~we were going against traffic. We got to the place at 8:40. We sat in the car for awhile, David wasn't ready to go in quite yet. So around 8:50 I prayed with him and he went in. Well, I went in, too, because I needed to use the restroom. Then he went in and I left. I went to Starbucks to get another one of those Dark Cherry Mochas (nonfat, decaf, no whip). It was yummy. But I think I was just nervous for David, because it kinda upset my stomach. After I left Starbucks I went over to Walmart. David needs shorts for this summer, and Walmart had some on sale, so I bought him 3 pair. It is really hard to find shorts for him, he will probably have to wear a belt with them. But that is ok, 2 of the pairs came with a belt!!! The kid is not in boy's sizes anymore, and the men's sizes don't go small enough around the waist for him!! *sigh* Sorry, I got sidetracked. After I spent some time killing time in Walmart, I decided to head back in the direction of David since I figured he would be done soon. As I was driving, and was almost there, he sent me a text that he was done! It was around 10:30. So I picked him up and we had time to kill until 1:00; so we went to REI and walked around there. We checked out the camping stuff because we are very excited to go camping!!! Then David's leg was tired, he still is lacking in the stamina category, so we drove around. We drove around Pickett Park, and then David said he was ready for lunch. We ended up at Jack in the Box and he ate a Chicken Fajita Pita. He informed me that he really doesn't like fast food. He is soooo like me! I don't like fast food, either. I would much rather eat my cooking, and so would he! It is a good thing we don't eat out much! Besides the fact that we can't afford it, we don't really like it! Anyway, then he went back in about 12:55 for his math test at 1:00. I went to Ross to kill time. The Ross in Carson is pretty nice; the Ross in Reno is nasty! I went there because someone told Rachel that Marshall's has cute hats, and I thought I would check out Ross. Ross only has a couple ball cap style hats; and we don't really need any more ball caps! Then I just went back and waited for David in the car. I did some reading in my Bible and prayed for David to do well. He was done around 3:00, and then we went home. He is not sure how he did on the tests. He does have 'chemo brain,' and that means he has some long-term and short-term memory loss. It really sucks. He said there were some questions he had to read over and over because he forgot what he just read!! I feel so bad for him. He is such a smart kid, and this whole cancer crap has changed that. He is still smart, but the memory loss is hard on him. He is just so glad the tests are over. We are praying he passed; he doesn't want to have to go through this again!! Thanks for your prayers for him.

This weekend has been quick, as usual. Bryon and I went to church last night and the girls took David to see "Alice in Wonderland" in 3D. He loved it! Then we all went to church this morning, and it was very good. Then Jeremy and Lucy came over and we made tri-tip sandwiches. They were very yummy.

Please pray for Jeremy and Lucy. They did their income taxes, and they have to pay well over $1000!! Please keep the in your prayers. Thank you.

Please continue to pray about our house; hopefully we will hear soon what is going on. There is some activity, and we really would like to keep it. If it is not God's will~~~~it is just a house. Thank you for your prayers.

We are already getting 'scanxiety' about David's next scans. We are praying that those nodules in his lungs remain stable, or like I said before, just flat out disappear!!! We prefer to have them disappear, of course.

I am getting pretty nervous about shaving my head! Rachel and I have had long hair forever!! Jennifer has had short hair for years, so she is not nervous; but Rachel and I are. We are nervous and excited at the same time! I want to say another 'Thank You' to those of you who have donated to St. Baldrick's for Team David!!! Vicki, thank you for doing it in memory of Mattie. Team David raised over $3000 so far! Thank you!!!

Thank you for checking in on David and the Koury Klan. Thank you for your prayers, love, encourageme​nt, and support. Please keep the prayers coming~~~we need them! God bless you all. We love you.

Kristi and the Koury Klan

'Worry does not empty tomorrow of sorrow--it empties today of strength.'~​~~Corrie ten Boom

No comments:

Post a Comment