**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Good evening.

Well, tomorrow we leave for San Francisco. Well, Emeryville, actually. We will be leaving after church. We really wish we weren't going. David is NOT looking forward to it. But he is a trooper; has been for 2 1/2 years now; and he will bravely do what he needs to do. I am so very proud of him. Bryon and I are so very proud to be his parents. I am so thankful to God for giving David to us. Of course, we are extremely thankful for all 4 of our children. We are so very blessed. Please pray that we have a safe trip tomorrow. We need to try to get David to eat as much as possible. He can eat up until midnight tomorrow night, and then just clears (7-up, Gatorade, water, Popsicles, etc.) until 10:30 Monday morning, then nothing after that. He doesn't eat that much anyway, but I still worry about him getting too hungry. I'm a mom, and I hate it when my children are hungry. LOL Thank you for your prayers.

I would like to request prayers for a friend. He has the kind of mother I absolutely abhor and detest. His mother talks smack about him to his siblings. I have NO respect for a mother like that! NONE! If a mother has some issue with a child, that should stay between the mother and that child; not talked about to the siblings. A mother who does that is just lower than low to me. It causes hard feelings, animosity, and bitterness between the siblings. Believe me, I know what I am talking about. This adult child is struggling, and I know I am in his life for a reason. Please pray for him. There is a lot of emotional abuse going on, and he is depressed. I know he needs someone who understands and can help him 'rise above' it. He needs prayer. I love this guy, and it hurts me to see him like this. I talked to him for quite some time tonight, and I hope I helped. I don't understand why a mother would be like this. I guess she wants to be the 'victim' and have the siblings feel sorry for her, so she does what she does. As for me, I want all my children to love each other. I want my children to want to be together. I want my children to respect each other. Thank God, I have achieved that! I would NEVER be that kind of mother who gossips to some children about another child. Again, it causes a LOT of resentment, hard feelings, bitterness, anger, etc. No child should be 'ganged up on' by a mother and his/her siblings! How sad is that. I am a much more secure person. I don't need to do that to my kids. Anyway, please pray for this person. Please pray that I can help him, and be there for him. Thank you so much! I know I can count on you guys!!

We still haven't heard anything about the house. There are things that need to be done, but we don't want to do them until we know what is going on. The dishwasher, for example. I told my daughter that I don't mind washing dishes by hand, so I wash and she and David take turns emptying the dish drain. I told her when she gets married and moves out, like her siblings have, she will probably have a dishwasher! Or, if we lose the house, we will probably have a dishwasher in the house we rent! Or, if we keep the house, we will put in the dishwasher we want! But I really don't mind hand washing, it is kind of therapeutic for me. I turn on the radio in the kitchen, put a CD in (usually "Women of Faith" or "Point of Grace") and just listen to the music as I wash the dishes. And since I don't like to put the dishes away, the kids taking turns doing it works for me!! So we just work together and get it done. Anyway, sorry for the rabbit trail! Please continue to pray about our house. We really want to keep the house, but we want what is best for us. Thanks for your prayers.

I think that is about all that is happening for today!! Thanks for your prayers, I really appreciate it. Please remember to pray for my friend. Thanks for visiting, and for your prayers. God bless you all. We love you.

Kristi and the Koury Klan

'Never take the advice of someone who has not had your kind of trouble.'~~~Sidney J. Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment