**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Good evening.

Tod​ay has been a very busy day. We went to the High School graduation of a friend of David's (and the family). I can't believe it will be David next year!! Where has the time gone? After the graduation we went to their house for a BBQ. They live close to us, so Bryon and I walked over there, Jennifer and David drove. It was pretty fun. We had a good time. We stayed there until about 4, then we had to go to Costco to get gas, milk, and water. Then we had to go to Walmart. We just got home about 20 minutes ago. Whew, it has been a long day! It was also a warm day; 84*!! Yep, spring is finally here! But there was a breeze (wind) blowing, so it was nice. The graduation was outside, so I got a bit sunburned on my chest, but not too bad. The wind that blows makes the heat bearable around here. Plus, with single-digi​t humidity, it is nice. So we had a busy day.

David had a fun day, except it was too hot for him. I am NOT looking forward to summer. He just can't handle the heat anymore. The stupid cancer/chem​o journey he has been on has changed him soooo much! I really hate it! He already has a problem with getting nauseous, and with the heat it is even worse! Poor kid. Sigh. Just something else we need to learn to contend with. Please keep him in your prayers, that he will not get too sick with the heat of summer coming. Thanks.

Well​, we faxed the information​, again, to our mortgage company. It is now in God's very capable hands. Things are what they are, and there is nothing else we can do. We have done all we can. I don't want to lose my house, but I will just live with whatever God's will is. Maybe He has bigger and better plans for us..........​I just don't know. I am just trying my best to accept whatever is in store for us. That is the latest update on the house situation.

D​avid did pretty good in PT on Thursday, and he finished school on Friday. We don't know how he did, but I can't worry about it. He did his best, and that is all we ask of him. He just gets so fatigued; has the memory problems; etc. But at least he passed the proficiency tests, so we have other options if he just can't fulfill all the expectation​s put on him in High School. He is supposed to be on the 504 program, I am just not sure how much his teachers really helped him. I know his English teacher was wonderful!! Remember, she said David needs encourageme​nt, not stress. We told him to put the school year behind him, and focus on enjoying a great summer; for the first time in 3 years!! We go camping in a month, and we cannot wait!!!

Well​, that is about all that is going on around here. I know I ask all the time, but please continue to pray for our family. Please remember to keep David in your prayers. Thank you for being there for us. Thank you for checking in. Thank you for your love, prayers, and support. Have a good night, and a good rest of the weekend. God bless you all. We love you.

Kristi and the Koury Klan

'As a result of treatment, 59% of children have a diagnosable mental health issue.'~~~D​eMaso & Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment