**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Quick update. Olga, I have had a few people sign the guestbook who are not who they say they are. That is fine with me. There is no 'Janet P' listed in the 'Author Services,' you know what I am talking about. We can find all the people who sign this, and they can put fake names on their post in the guestbook. I agree; if you have not done the criticizing, you shouldn't be offended. Thank you for your post, Olga.

I am not here to offend anyone~~but facts is facts. You can't understand someone, anyone, until you 'walk in their shoes.' I understand that more, now. I have been guilty of not being compassionate enough of others. Did I just abandon them? No, they are still in my life (as much as they want to be). Like I said before, many people have abandoned us in our greatest time of need. If you don't want to read about David, don't. If you can't 'get it' that this is a family diagnosis that affects the whole family, that is fine. This is not a broken leg that heals in time and life goes back to what it was before. Life is NEVER the same. If you choose to be offended by my journal, I am sorry. I have thanked all of you for your prayers, love, and emotional support almost daily. I mean it when I say if you are unable to give that anymore, that is fine. If you have truly read this journal for "quite some time" you would see that I don't "constantly" tell "bystanders" they will "just never understand" (I am quoting Janet P here). Like Olga said, we are constantly being scrutinized for everything we do and say. I know what a politician feels like!! We are constantly given all the platitudes by people. No one knows the future, only God does. I don't know that 'everything will be fine' and neither do you. That is why 'cancer parents' do not tell each other that; none of us know that. I have learned (the hard way) not to give those platitudes to others; it does NOT make them feel better; it is not what they want to hear. If you don't know what to say to someone, don't say anything; just love them and be there for them. If you can't be there for the Koury family, that is fine. If you still really want to know how David is doing, keep reading. If you stop reading......we will form our own conclusions on that one.

Thank you for your time. Thank you for reading and being there for us. Have a good day. God bless each and every one of you. We love you.

Kristi and the Koury Klan

Childhood cancer is devastating and creates unique pressures on the whole family. (I didn't make these up, I researched 'Childhood Cancer Facts' and found these.)

No comments:

Post a Comment