**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday, October 9, 2009

Good afternoon.

We are sitting here in Emeryville at the Courtyard. David is done with all his testing. He had the injection for the bone scan at 8:00 (Bryant and Christine always get us in early!!). They were hoping to get us in to an earlier CT~~~not to be. So after the injection we walked down to the cardio area and asked what time David's echo was scheduled for. They said 2:15; but since we were there already maybe they would be able to do it then. So we waited and had his echo around 9ish. Oh, when Christine gave David the injection for the bone scan she left the IV in his arm because they were told that CT was with contrast (it wasn't). David was unable to use his crutches, so we got a wheelchair for him. Anyway, then we went to the cafeteria and hung out there. His CT appointment was for 10:00; so at 10:05 we went back to Radiology. Well, they still weren't ready for David. We sat there until around 10:40 when Christine came and said she would have time to do David's bone scan while they were finishing up with the baby that they were doing a CT scan on. So we went and got David's bone scan. Then they were ready for the CT scan. So he had the CT scan (where they removed the IV). After that we walked across the street to find out what time the audio was scheduled for. Well, the orders were NOT received for an audio for David. It was around 12:00 by that time. So the receptionist suggested that we go get some lunch and come back and they will try to squeeze David in before 4:00. So we went to the cafeteria again, and ate lunch. Then we were back in the clinic at 12:55. We were squeezed in at 1:15!! YAY!! So after he had his audio we were out of there!!! All his scans are done! Woo-Hoo!! The only one we know the results of for sure is the audio~~~his hearing hasn't changed; he still has 'selective hearing.' Otherwise his hearing is perfect!! Thank you Jesus for that! We did see Dr. Raphael in the cafeteria, and we should know the results of all the other scans on Monday. Keep praying! Thanks.

I didn't sleep well at all last night. I did get up at 2:30am so we could leave at 3:30am. I was checking my email (via my phone) all night as two of our osteo children were in the fight for their lives. Well, Emma died at 1:30am; and Sammie died at 3:00am. I guess my heart was just unsettled all night; so was my mind. I just couldn't shut my mind off. I just kept praying for the families of these two precious girls. Emma went peacefully; not so much with Sammie. Sammie fought so hard. My heart is just breaking for the families of these two little girls. I know the girls are no longer in pain; but the pain for the families continues; and intensifies. Please continue to pray for the Hartsfield and Koertzen families. Their websites are:

www.caringbridge.org/visit/sammiehartsfield &
www.caringbridge.org/visit/emmakoertzen.

Our Osteo family has lost WAY too many children this year. Just since David was diagnosed we have lost over 25 children that I know of. This sucks! Pardon my language, but there is no other way to say it. 'Cancer' is not a nice word. And it definitely doesn't belong next to a child's name!! I NEVER thought I would be saying 'David' and 'Cancer' in the same sentence. I am so sad and angry at the same time!! Thank you for your prayers. Keep them coming for these two families, and for all the other families fighting cancer! Thank you.

Thank you for checking in on David and the Koury Klan. I will close before I ramble even more than I already have~~~I am so tired. Have a good evening. God bless you all. We love you.

Kristi and the Koury Klan

No comments:

Post a Comment