**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Monday, October 19, 2009

Monday, October 19, 2009

Good afternoon.

It is a beautiful day!! It is VERY windy, rainy, and gorgeous! All the beautiful leaves on the trees are almost gone. The wind has a way of removing all of them! But it is still a beautiful fall, so far.

We only have one more week with the broken knee!! Yay! I got all the paperwork today for David's surgery. It is to start at 10:00am on Monday, October 26. He is scheduled to be discharged on October 31st. We aren't holding our breath on that one, tho.......We know how David works! Hee-Hee! But that is the day he is scheduled to be released. We probably won't be home in time to greet the Trick-or-Treaters, though. By the time we get released, check out of Family House, and fight traffic~~~~we for sure won't be home before well after dark. But that is ok. Noreen, we are staying at the 10th street Family House. I wish we were at the Irving St. one! And I assume David will be on 7 long; that's where he was last time. That is the oncology floor of the Children's Hospital; and he is still a cancer patient; his surgery is 'cancer related;' so that is where I assume he will be. I am sooooo bummed that we will miss seeing you, again!! Hopefully we will be able to meet up soon!

I am sorry I didn't update over the weekend. A friend of mine graduated from a trade school, so she and her husband treated Bryon and I to a night (Saturday) at the El Dorado in Reno. The four of us had a really good time. But it made for a busy weekend. When we got home last night we were pretty tired. The girls took great care of David. I know I can trust them, so I don't worry about him when Bryon and I are gone. Of course, we don't really get a chance to get away much~~~don't have the money! So we really appreciated my friend doing that for us.

Friday I ended up making two more apple pies; actually Rachel helped me make one of them; so now I have four apple pies in the freezer!! All ready for the holidays!

Since I know God cares about all the details of our life, I have another prayer request for you. Please pray for our pets. We are just leaving the Chihuahua's and the cats at home; and we have to board Berlynn. She just can't be trusted to be home all day. The Chihuahua's will be lonely, but fine. They have the doggie door and the whole outside, plus the inside, so I don't worry too much about them. They don't destroy stuff. The cats are fine, too. But Berlynn, the German Shepherd, isn't trustworthy. So we have to board her. I didn't want to have to (it is quite expensive), but we just don't have much choice. I know I will be able to relax more and just focus on David if I am not concerned about what the dog is destroying at home! The dogs are used to me and David being home all day; for the most part; and Berlynn stresses too much when we are gone all day, and that is when she gets into trouble!! Please pray that they will all be ok, and that we can afford the boarding. Jeremy and Lucy will check on the dogs daily; and quite a few of my neighbors are home all day and will be watching the house; but that won't stop Berlynn from being a 'Holy Terror!' LOL Thank you for your prayers.

Thank you for checking in on David and the Koury Klan. Thank you for your love, prayers, and support. Have a good day, and a good night. God bless you all. We love you.

Kristi and the Koury Klan

No comments:

Post a Comment