**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Good evening.

Today was a better day for David. His fever is hovering right around 100 degrees. I am still giving him the Bactrim. He said his pain isn't as bad, but the leg still really throbs sometimes. He is still on the Percoset, even though he really doesn't like taking meds! I hope this isn't TMI, but he finally had a BM today!! After what happened last time with his limb-salvage (the intussusception) we were pretty anxious for his bowels to function properly!! Praise God everything seems to be working!! He is on a pretty strong dose of Colace as long as he is on the Percoset. Of course, he hasn't really been eating, so I guess if nothing is going in, nothing can come out, right? Anyway, we were happy about that!

David ate a little bit better today. I made breakfast burritos for brunch today, and he ate about half of it. Then for dinner I made orange chicken, rice, green beans, and salad. He had a fair amount of rice, a spoonful of green beans, and about 5 bites of chicken. I was sooo happy to see him eat! Thank you for your prayers for him. We tell him that each day will be better than the day before; but it is still so hard to see him suffering. He is such a great kid!!! I feel like my 'job' as his mom is to protect him from all the crap (excuse my language) that has been happening him the past 2 years. I just hate so much what he has been through. And what is still in store for him in the future. That is why I can't worry about the future; just take one day at a time.

Thank you for checking in on David and the Koury Klan. Thank you for your prayers; please keep them coming. We hope to go to church tomorrow, please pray that David is up to it (I will just drug him with lots of Percoset, lol). Have a good evening. God bless you all. We love you.

Kristi and the Koury Klan

No comments:

Post a Comment