**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Good evening.

Today has been a busy day. Bryon had to work today. I had to run to the grocery store first thing this morning because the kittens (and their mommy) had no food. The kittens are 6 weeks old; they are eating and drinking; and using the litter box. Yay! So, they can go at any time! So, if anyone knows of someone who wants a kitten, let me know. They are so very cute. 2 boys and 2 girls. One boy is pure black, and one boy is orange. One girl is mostly black (with very cute markings that make her always look sad), and the other girl is tortoise shell. They are such cute kitties. Anyway, then I did some housework, then had to run to Costco. Then Bryon got home and we had dinner. Then Rachel and I had to run to walmart. Busy day.

Jennifer is finally getting her car fixed! Something I didn't know was her deductible is lower than normal because she hit an animal. I am not totally sure what difference that makes, but it was a nice surprise for her. She will be taking her car in on Monday, then she will be riding her bike to work. She is looking forward to that! It will be good for her. Not sure how long it will take to fix her car, but she doesn't care. I will be taking her back to work on Monday after she drops the car off. I hope Rachel can take her home after work. If not, I will pick her up.

We are excited for 2 weeks from now. We are going camping the last weekend of August. We are going with some friends from church. Bryon and Pat are going up Friday early afternoon; and I will be going up with Eileen later, after work. I think David and Rachel are going with Bryon, Jennifer will go with me and Eileen. Bryon will also have the dogs. Hopefully we won't get up there too late. We are really looking forward to it! We love camping!! These two weeks are going to go by slow. It is David's last camping trip before school! It isn't our last trip for the year, but the last one for the summer.

My heart is heavy again tonight. Matt lost his battle with Osteosarcoma this morning. Like I have said before, it is so hard to see these kids die from the same cancer that is in my son's body!! I don't understand how this cancer works. I mean, remember I told you about that kid who has had the lung mets stable for 5 years; then with some kids it just spreads like wildfire in their bodies. It just goes to show how unknown this cancer is. There is no real rhyme or reason to it. It is so unpredictable. And that is what scares us the most. Please pray for Matt's family. And Sam has been needing oxygen all day today. Please continue to pray for Sam and his family. Thanks.

Thanks for checking in. Have a good evening, and a good day tomorrow. God bless you all. We love you. Thank you for your prayers. {{hugs}}

Kristi and the Koury Klan

All the beautiful sentiments in the world weigh less than a single lovely action.~~~James Russell Lowell

No comments:

Post a Comment