**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Good evening.

It has been a busy weekend, as usual. Yesterday was busy with errands and Bryon getting Jennifer's motorcycle running. It has been sitting for too long, and it needed some work done. Then, Jennifer learned to ride it! YAY! She bought the motorcycle 3 years ago; when Bryon bought his; and she hadn't really learned to ride it yet. Well, yesterday she succeeded. And she looks so cute riding it. It is a dual sport bike; dirt and street legal bike. So now she just needs to take the safety class, and then she can get her license. She really wants to do that. That will be good for the Summer, save on gas!! Then today we went to church. Well, the kids and I did. Bryon has been at work since 3:30am (and is still there), so it was just us today. Then Jeremy and Lucy came over for lunch, and we had homemade sub sandwiches. Then Lucy and Jeremy left because Lucy and her sister were going to go to Target and Burlington Baby Depot so Lucy could register for the baby! She will be 18 weeks tomorrow!! She is almost halfway there! Then it has been just the normal housework for the rest of the day. Oh yeah, David and I went bicycle riding yesterday. I have so much fun with him. I am so out of shape, I haven't been on my bike in years! It was so much fun, tho. It felt good to be out there in the beautiful weather. Oh, today was only 79 degrees; beautiful!! Today Rachel roller bladed while David rode his bike. Anyway, it was a busy weekend.

Thank you for your prayers for the Bish family. Even though we knew Sam was going to die, it doesn't make it any easier when it actually happens. As one of the members of our Osteo family said, over half of the kids that were alive when her daughter was diagnosed are now dead. This cancer sucks so badly. It is stealing our children! Just in the last month it has robbed us of Soren, Matt, Nicki, and Sam. It is scary for us who are still in the battle for our children's lives! We feel like this cancer is a ticking time bomb in our children. And, like I said a few days ago, there is no rhyme or reason to it. It is so unknown, and unpredictable. Please remember to pray for our Osteo family members; God knows who they are. One specific person who needs prayers right now is Todd. Thank you.

David has one more week of Summer vacation. School starts next week. He is excited/nervous. I got the sweetest email from his English teacher from last year. I can tell she is a teacher who truly cares, and I so appreciate that. I hope David has her for a teacher this year. I don't know when we get his class schedule, I assume this week. Please pray for David as he prepares for his Senior year of High School. I can't believe this is his last year. Him being a year ahead has made the time go so fast. Thank you for your continued prayers for him.

I forgot to call Connie about David's blood work. I will do that this week. I will keep you posted on what I find out.

We can't wait until Friday. Our last Summer camping trip! It will be fun, it always is! It is just one of those little things we do as a family that doesn't cost much!

Thank you for checking in. Thank you for all your support and love~~~and your prayers. God bless you all. We love you.

Kristi and the Koury Klan

'Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.'~~~Robert Brault

No comments:

Post a Comment