**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday, April 27, 2009

Good evening. It was a pretty chilly day today with a cold wind blowing. Partly cloudy with sun. A beautiful day.

David did ok in PT today. I wish we had started PT a LOT sooner; like right after surgery. I think he would be a lot further in his mobility. But, we can't look back. We just need to move forward. He has to work really hard, which he does, but he ends up getting hot, tired, and nauseous. *sigh* He struggled a little bit today, but just kept plugging away. I am so proud of him.

I want to say 'thank you' to those who have encouraged me in the guestbook. Karen, you are so right. Our children having a 'good day' is a total relative term. Sometimes a 'good day' just means David got out of bed; or he didn't feel nauseous; or his knee didn't buckle on him (haven't had even one day where that hasn't happened!); and such things like that. I don't blame others for not 'getting it,' I am glad they don't! But I just don't want to be critized for telling it like it is. I don't tell you how 'bad' things are for sympathy or for attention; but to tell you what an amazing son I have!! And unless you have watched him go through all this crap, you still won't get the whole picture~~~I could never do him justice by my journal entries. I could never describe just how bad it was for him. David is such an incredible child. He amazes us daily. He has had to fight so hard ( and will continue to do so), and I could never really describe to you what he has been through. When I look at pictures, and it conjures up the memories, I cry like a baby. So much of the past year has been us just doing what we have to do. I can't tell you how many times people have said to us, "I don't know how you do it!" Believe me, neither do I!! Without God we never would have gotten this far. So thank you for your words of encouragement to me. Thank you, Claudia, for your sweet email to me.

I wrote a while back that it is hard for me to see other kids running (something David will never be allowed to do), playing, and being normal kids. Well, another thing that is hard for me is the total injustice of this life. I know it is all because of sin in this world, but it is still hard. For example, my son has cancer. My son, who we have always said doesn't have a mean bone in his body (unless it is the one they removed~ha-ha) has to fight for his life! And the other side of that is all the pedophiles, murderers, etc. out there living to be old. I don't get it!! Of course I don't wish cancer on anyone, I am just pointing out how unfair life is. David doesn't live a risky lifestyle; he follows the rules (you know, he wears his helmet when on his bike or scooter, things like that); he is a respectful kid; and he loves Jesus. And he gets cancer! Maybe I am rambling~~sorry. I just have my bad days, too. Days when I realize anew that this will NEVER be over. We are in this new life for life!! That is why we need your continued prayers. Thank you.

Well, that is about it for now. Thank you for checking in on us. Thank you for your prayers, we need them!! Have a good night. Sleep tight. God bless you. We love you.

Kristi and the Koury Klan

Right now, this second, somewhere in America, there are 7 children fighting for their lives who won't live through the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment