**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Good morning. It is a cold morning here. I have a nice warm fire in the wood-burning stove, and it is beginning to warm up the family room.

Sorry I didn't update yesterday~~~it was a busy day. We woke up to a winter wonderland again!! Not much snow, but the ground, cars, and rooftops were white!! It was beautiful. Hard to believe it was in the low 80's a week ago. But that is Spring in Northern Nevada!

Bryon had to work yesterday, and he is working today. Yesterday I had to go to the store to pick up a few odds and ends; including David's medicine. I still have a small pharmacy on my kitchen counter. After I went to the store I came home and did my usual housework. I also had to clean my bathroom~~I HATE cleaning the bathrooms! But now that is done. It was a fairly busy day yesterday.

David is feeling pretty good. He isn't eating as much these days; I guess that is why he lost weight! I don't know why he isn't eating as good as we would like him to. I like it when he eats like a normal teenager! *sigh* Otherwise, he is doing pretty good.

Thank you all for being here for me. I know I vent alot on this site. I have been told I should be venting to Bryon, not to all of you. Well, let me tell you something. This is the challenge of having a child with cancer. A child who stares death in the face every day. A child who thinks his body has 'betrayed' him. A child who has dealt with more pain than ANY person (adult or child) should ever have to deal with. As a couple we really can't vent to each other, because we are both dealing with the same issue, and therefore do not have the distance or the perspective to help the other. We are both watching our child face a battle that NO child should have to face. I understand why some marriages do not survive this kind of situation. I said it before. We are so focused on taking care of David; we spend so much energy on him that we have nothing left for each other. Our frustrations get 'taken out' on each other. We walk such a fine line. Then we have to deal with the depression, anxiety, stress; our own; not just David's!! I have been accused of exaggerating what David has been/is going through. I have been 'investigated' as to whether I was making this up or not! I have been accused of just wanting attention; and this is how I am getting it! Can you believe that?!?! Trust me, I do NOT want this attention. Anyway, I just want you to know I appreciate all of you for sticking with me. This is 'hell on earth' and I couldn't do it without this place for me to vent; or without you to support me. Thank you again.

Well, that is about all that is happening here. Please pray that David's appetite picks up. Also, please pray that he has a better day in PT tomorrow. He goes at 10:30 in the morning; so hopefully it will be better. He still gets physically worn out so easy. Mornings are better because he has a bit more energy in the morning. We will see. I just hate that knee buckling on him. But I sure am happy to see him walking!!

Gotta run. Thank you for checking in. Gave a good day. Good bless you all. We love you.

Kristi and the Koury Klan

Today, up to 75% of the children with cancer can be cured, yet, some forms of childhood cancers, like osteosarcoma, have proven so resistant to treatment that, in spite of research, a cure is illusive.

No comments:

Post a Comment