**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Friday, January 2, 2009

Friday, January 2, 2009 8:05 PM

Good evening. I hope you all had a wonderful New Year. Ours was quiet; just the 5 of us. We just watched the Rose parade, the Rose Bowl game and just had a quiet day. Today we took all the Christmas decorations down; David was sad about that. He thinks we should leave them up all year long. He is definitely my son!!!

We still have no news about David's xray. I called Dr. Hastings this morning, but she wasn't in her office. So..............I guess we wait until Monday. It is in God's hands, we are trying to not worry about it.

Check out the new picture of David's knee. I removed the dressing today and posted a picture of what the knee looks like. He says his knee is still sore, but he is off of all pain meds. YAY!! He is doing ok.

Well, that is about all. I am closing with another poem. I do not write these poems, I just read them and, since they apply to me, I post them. Have a good evening. Thank you for checking in on David. God bless you. We love you.

As I watch you playing,
Without a care.
It's hard to believe
The cancer is there.

You look so bright,

So happy and well.
If someone new met you
They couldn't tell.

Your strength is amazing,

Your courage so strong.
You've fought this disease
So well for so long.

It's from your strength,

that I draw mine.
I know you will come through this,
It'll just take time.

Carry on smiling,

I will too.
Through the hard times
I'll carry you.

You are my world,

The air that I breathe,
I know in my heart
You'll never leave.

Keep strong my love,

The battle has begun,
But with your strength,
It will be won.

Kristi and the Koury Klan

No comments:

Post a Comment