**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Thursday, January 1, 2009 2:05 PM

Vicki~~~here is the poem again.

And to others~~~This is not my son's website; this is a website about my son and his family. Cancer is a family diagnosis (as I have said before) and this site is to keep others informed who want to know how David and the entire Koury family is doing in dealing with it. David does NOT read the journal entries, but he does (when he is up to it) read the guestbook entries. Yes, some things are written to him, and some to us. If you don't understand, or like what I post, please, just don't read it. ALL of the other sites I have read are not just from the child, but are about the child and his/her family. For pete's sake, some of the sites are about babies!! Can they write about themselves? Give me a break! These sites are about the child, AND THE FAMILY! I have read sites that even include other non-related people. Again, if you don't agree with, or approve of, what I have said, then don't read this. I can't stress enough that this is about David and the entire Koury family. David is not the only one dealing with cancer~~~we all are in our own way. Please try to understand. If you can't, then read a site you can. If you want to make a site for your child~~~go ahead. I promise I won't tell you what to write; so don't tell me. I know some people don't 'get it,' and NEVER will because they are not in MY shoes!!!

Well, gotta go. Here is the poem for those of you who want to read it.


"I am wearing a pair of shoes. They are ugly shoes. Uncomfortable shoes. I hate my shoes. Each day I wear them, and each day I wish I had another pair. Some days my shoes hurt so bad that I do not think I can take another step. Yet, I continue to wear them.

"I get funny looks wearing these shoes. I can tell in others eyes that they are glad they are my shoes and not theirs. They never talk about my shoes.

"To learn how awful my shoes are might make them uncomfortable. To truly understand these shoes you must walk in them. But, once you put them on, you can never take them off.

"I now realize that I am not the only one who wears these shoes. There are many pairs in this world. Some women ache daily as they try and walk in them. Some have learned how to walk in them so they don't hurt quite as much. Some have worn the shoes so long that days will go by before they think about how much they hurt.

"No woman deserves to wear these shoes. Yet, because of these shoes I am a stronger woman. These shoes have given me the strength to face anything. They have made me who I am.

"I am a woman who has a child with cancer. I will forever walk in these shoes."

- Author unknown


Kristi and the Koury Klan

No comments:

Post a Comment