**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday, March 16, 2009

Good evening. It was a beautiful, windy day today.
David did well in Physical Therapy today. He was a little stiff; Linda thinks it is from him swimming so much on Saturday. But that is a good thing!! He did a lot of exercising on Sat. in the pool with Rachel. They are planning on going again this Sat., too. I remembered to give him the zofran, so he didn't get nauseous today, yay!! He is doing some exercises that he wasn't able to do two weeks ago. He is getting more stable on that leg. But when he gets tired his knee buckles. During one exercise today his knee buckled three times, so Linda said that was enough of that one! But he is doing better. He is still in pain with some of the exercises, but we hope that the pain will go away as he gets a lot stronger. It is difficult getting the quad muscles to 'fire' in a way that they aren't used to. Because so much of the muscle was removed and the remainder stapled back together, it doesn't act 'normal' and we are trying to teach it how to work. It is a slow process, but we will get there. Also, David has a large area on the outside of his knee that is numb; and always will be. They told us that the nerves run sideways and they cut through them when they removed his femur. So, unless they regenerate on their own, he will always have an area that is numb. We will see. He has some other residual 'problems' with his leg, but nothing major. Overall, he is doing well.
I want to thank every one who signed David's guestbook. Chris, thank you so much for the prayers. I, too, am sooooo glad we are back in touch. You have no idea how much we missed you guys. I can't wait to see you when you are out here! Remember, you will be staying with us! We won't take 'no' for an answer! I know I can call on you any time. Thank you for being there. Vicki, Jill, Olga, Karen, Kim, and Lynette~~I know what I say is 'preaching to the choir' to you guys! You are living the same life we are. NONE of us asked for this! NONE of us wanted this! But I am so glad that you guys are out there and you understand my heart. I know that we have each other (across the miles) to support each other. Like my husband said on ACOR; Olga, you are good at pulling us back in when we go crazy! We are all in different places in our journey, and we are all there for each other. Thank you for being there for me and my family. Everyone who prays for us and cares about us and loves us is special to us. We need each other.
Well, tomorrow is the day Jennifer will shave her head in honor of her baby brother. I am kinda nervous about that. Kim, I am proud of you for doing it for Ty. I know it is only hair; but mine is long and I just can't do it! Maybe next year!! Jennifer is very excited and 'antsy' to do it. She is funny. I am so proud of her. Well, I am proud of all of my children. But she did her best at trying to raise money. She didn't reach her goal, but she did her best. I told her that she still did good.
Well, that is about it for tonight. Thank you again for all you do. Thank you for the encouraging words in the guestbook. Thank you for your prayers, friendship, and love. Wylene, thank you for the jokes~~they do bring a smile to David's face. Have a good night. Sleep tight. God bless you all. We love you.

Kristi and the Koury Klan
As a nation, we spend $14 BILLION per year on the space program, but only $35 MILLION on childhood cancer research per year. (Am I the only one who sees a problem with this?!?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment