**A Paypal account has been set up to help pay for ongoing travel and medical expenses for David. Just click on the button below

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Good afternoon. We woke up to a winter wonderland again!! TTTYay! You see; I was raised in Southern California where there are only two seasons, hot and not as hot. The only colors I saw on the trees were green and brown. No reds, oranges, or vibrant yellows! So I absolutely love living where there are four seasons! I decided that fall is my favorite season; partly because of all the beautiful colors, and partly because it means that winter is around the corner. I love snuggling in front of our warm fire (or in my cozy bed) and reading a book, or reading my Bible, or whatever. I am not a summer person, but at least here there is almost no humidity in the summer. Which is good, I really hate the humidity. I am so glad that my children were all raised in a climate with four very distinct seasons. Jennifer drove my car to work this morning (I have a Honda Pilot), her car is not 4-wheel-drive. She is very silly. I have leather heated seats (we call them 'bun warmers') and she had the heat turned on, so she was warm, and she had the moon roof opened! She likes the moon roof as much as I do........well, maybe not as much. But close!! It was freezing, and she has the moon roof opened. Crazy girl!!

David is doing ok today. He was a little nauseous, but it is gone. He goes to PT tomorrow in the pool, and he is looking forward to that. Not looking forward to the PT part, but the pool part. It is so good for him, I just can't tell you. The hardest part for me is to watch him walk into the pool and see all those nasty scars on his young body. It is just not right. They should NOT be there. *sigh* The only 'good' thing about all those scars is that they saved his life. Prayerfully, he will live a long life and tell his children about all those scars. Boy, will he have a story to tell. Again, we pray he lives a long time.

Bryon and Jeremy are going to go to Bible Study tonight; I am not sure if Jennifer and David are going. It depends on how David feels, I guess.

Could you please continue to pray for our finances? As you know, I lost my income when David was diagnosed. Well, there is talk that Bryon's income will be cut 6%. We pray that does NOT happen. They are also cutting our insurance benefits and charging us more for them. I believe in paying my bills, but I am so frustrated with Children's Hospital. They treat all the illegal immigrants for FREE; our insurance company has paid them close to $1 million; and they are bugging us for $3,000! If we don't have it, we don't have it! We have spent over $36,000 OUT OF POCKET trying to keep David alive; can't they give us a break? It is all we can do to keep a roof over our heads and gas in the cars to do what we have to do. We don't do any extra things. Anyway, sorry for the ranting. Please pray! Thank you.

Well, that is about all for today. Thank you for your prayers and your love. Thank you for checking in on David (and us). Have a good night. God bless you all. We love you all so much. ((HUGS))

Kristi and the Koury Klan

Do not be afraid of tomorrow; for God is already there. ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment